Ness Gardens - the Award Winning Botanic Gardens in the heart of CH64
|Published: 27th December 2008 10:19|
Ness Gardens had much to celebrate during the 2008 Cheshire Year of Gardens
Here are just some of the highlights:
- Gold Award for 'A Garden for Bees' at RHS Tatton Flower Show
- Wirral Tourism Awards for Excellence - "Team of the Year" and Director of Ness Gardens, Kevin Reid, received "Wirral Tourism Ambassador of the Year"
- 'Large Visitor Attraction' category at The Mersey Partnership Tourism Awards 2008
- 'Large Visitor Attraction' category at Visit Chester & Cheshire Tourism Awards 2008
- Multiple international award -winning ILLYRIA performed "The Merry Wives of Windsor."
- The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra performed at the Four Seasons gala concert.
- HRH The Duke of Gloucester visited Ness Gardens on Thurs 10th July to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the acquisition of the gardens by the University of Liverpool in 1948.