Free literacy and numeracy courses in Neston
|Author: Jeanette Cook||Published: 6th January 2010 11:30|
The Cheshire West & Chester Council Skills for Life team are offering a 15 week City and Guilds programme of certificated Literacy and Numeracy courses for people who are currently in employment or working as volunteers in the area.
Facts about these courses
- This qualification is equivalent to GCSE.
- This qualification is accredited with City and Guilds and is a recognised adult qualification (however for anyone wishing to progress to teacher training this is not an appropriate pathway to follow).
- There is no charge to people who are in employment or who are volunteering.
- Those signing up will need to show proof that they are in work or are volunteering - this just means getting their manager to sign our eligibility form.
- These courses are ideal for any employed adults in school either in TA, learning mentor, lab assistant, welfare assistant, catering, office support staff, aspiring HLTA who might want to refresh their literacy qualifications and skills as part of their own professional development.
For anyone interested in finding out about this programme, a taster session is proposed for the end of January/beginning February, which will be held at Neston Children's Centre. Here you will be able to meet the tutor, ask questions and generally see if this course might be for you.
If you are interested in being kept informed about this taster session, please express your interest by contacting Jeanette Cook by email. If there is sufficient interest, I will contact you again with the dates and times.