Care for a Cuppa Event hailed a success
|Published: 17th July 2010 11:11|
Local resident Louise Jones hosted a very special fundraising event this weekend.
Louise Jones with the Liverpool FC-signed
football auctioned to raise funds at the event.
The Care For A Cuppa event took place at Little Neston Methodist Church Hall on Saturday 17th July to raise funds for a cause that is extremely close to Louise's heart.
She explains: "My 3 year old daughter Grace Lily was diagnosed 5 weeks ago with type 1 diabetes and it has completely changed our lives. She has to inject 4 times a day, and she is so brave.
"I want to do anything I can to make Grace's life a bit easier so I have started fundraising. I am donating half the money we make to Diabetes UK and the other half to the Diabetes department at Arrowe Park Hospital."
Diabetes UK is the largest charity in the UK working for people with diabetes, funding research, campaigning and helping people live with the condition.
As well as refreshments and a cake stall, there was a raffle with prizes donated by generous local businesses, including:
- 3 months free membership and 2 personal training sessions at Zone Fitness;
- Lunch for two at the Marsh Cat;
- Family photo shoot and two large prints with Linda Pelling;
- Meal for two at The Brown Horse;
- Free golf lesson with Dave Woodland;
- Colour, Cut and Blow-dry at Lorraine's Hair Salon;
- One night's B&B for two in the finest luxury suite at the Hillbark Hotel;
- Voucher for a Spray Tan at Neston Sunbed Studio;
- Gift voucher for Cakes & Celebrations;
- and many more...
Other stalls included "Guess the name of the Teddy (donated by Carousel), How many teabags in the pot and Find the Wine.
A total of £564 was raised at the event, and I am sure that many local people would like to add more, so please contact Louise via AboutMyArea's email to find out how you can donate funds to this worthwhile cause. Alternatively...
If you were unable to attend the event, but would still like to make a donation to help this vital cause, go online at: www.diabetes.org.uk/donate.
Photo Gallery - all pictures courtesy of Linda Pelling Photography
These, and other pictures of the day, are all available from Linda Pelling. Please contact her on 0151 353 0940 or by email.