Calling All Neston 16-18 Year Olds
|Author: David Brigden||Published: 7th February 2018 15:15|
Do you have what it takes to become a dynamic leader and change not only yourself but the world?
Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is an intensive leadership experience organized by Rotary clubs and districts where you develop your skills as a leader while having fun and making connections with others.
Started in Australia in 1960, the programme is run all over the world by Rotary Clubs. The principle aims of RYLA are to provide an effective training experience for selected young people and potential leaders, to encourage leadership of young people by young people and to recognise young people who are rendering service to their communities.
In District 1180 (including the Neston area) the RYLA event takes the format of an activity training course for selected young people aged 16- 18 at the Arthog Activity centre near Barmouth in North Wales. This year's course is run for a week in late August and it is free to successful applicants.
RYLA gives a fantastic opportunity to young people. By giving the opportunity of experiencing practical learning combined with current best practice in leadership training. Delivered by specialist tutors the candidates gain benefit by :
• building confidence through presentation skills, working and cooperating together
• learning new skills utilising outdoor and water activities
• working effectively as a team in difficult situations
• experiencing how to make effective decisions using a activity exercises
• recognising and utilise skills in others
• working to tight deadlines
• understanding the problems of leadership
• learning from their own mistakes in a friendly atmosphere
Please contact David Brigden by sending your CV and covering letter indicating why you should be considered for a place on this dynamic training course. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please respond by the end of February 2018.