Recipe - Pork Fillet with Pancetta, Cherry Tomatoes & Sage
|Published: 28th May 2008 19:22|
Pork Fillet with Pancetta, Cherry Tomatoes & Sage
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
125g pancetta cubes
2 pork fillets, approx 500g each, cut in half
Approx 20 cherry tomatoes on the vine
Generous handful of fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190c, gas mark 5.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the pancetta until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a roasting dish.
3. Season the pork and add to the pan with the fat from the pancetta. Cook for a few minutes on each side to seal.
4. Add to the roasting dish with the pancetta, drape the tomatoes over the pork.
5. Scatter the sage over the top, along with the juices from the frying pan and a bit more seasoning.
6. Roast for 25 minutes, serve with wilted spinach and new potatoes.