Ten Reasons To Book Early Bird Tickets To World's Greatest Classic Motor Racing Festival
|Author: Deborah Tee||Published: 22nd March 2012 10:29|
Early Bird tickets offer up to 27 per cent savings if booked before the end of March
The days are numbered for those wanting to take advantage of the special ‘Early Bird’ ticket offer for the 2012 Silverstone Classic powered by the AA (20-22 July). Those booking before the end of March benefit from significant discounts of as much as 27 per cent when compared to tickets purchased on the gate – plus an additional ten per cent saving for those members of the new event partner, the AA.
With such substantial reductions on offer, it’s no surprise that ticket sales are already running at record levels. “Every year the Silverstone Classic just gets bigger and bigger and more and more popular,” reported Nick Wigley, Event Organiser. “The event is already established not only as the world’s biggest classic motor racing festival with more than 1000 racing entries but also as a huge family attraction with lots of top class entertainment for those of all ages. This summer’s three-day festival will continue building on recent successes and will be the biggest and best yet. Ticket sales are well ahead on this time last year – itself a record – and we are already experiencing a huge surge in sales as the Early Bird offer draws to a close. We are offering major discounts which are proving massively popular.”
The special Early Bird ticket offer ends on 31 March and, quite apart from the financial savings afforded, here are ten more great reasons to book before the end of this month:
- The finest classic historic racing cars covering a 70 year era featuring more than 100 Grand Prix cars plus massive 50-car grids of Le Mans, GT, Group C, mighty F5000, Formula 2, Sports and Touring cars providing the very best of nostalgic action in 24 flat out races. There’s even a celebrity race in Morgans with world famous TV chef Heston Blumenthal and famous friends.
- In excess of 7,000 classic cars on display over the weekend with huge anniversary celebrations for AC Cobra, Ferrari F40, MGB, Lotus Elan, Triumph Spitfire plus the UK’s first BMW Z-Fest.
- New AA World where everyone from toddlers to seniors can have a driving experience – free learner car taster lessons (age and height restrictions apply), circuit rides, skid pan, pit stop challenge and lots more.
- Live music concerts with headline sets from Mike & The Mechanics and Adam Ant plus full supporting bill.
- Off-track action with a vintage fun fair, go-karts, Punch and Judy (celebrating 350 years) plus giant TV screens showing all the action. There is even a pampering centre on the Village Green.
- Aerial displays with wing walkers, the Parachute Regiment The Red Devils, hot air balloons and more to be announced.
- Retail village with nearly 200 exhibitors presenting a wide range of autojumble, automobilia, art, jewellery, books, videos and gifts for everyone.
- Access all areas – tickets include free entrance to all live music and AA World, free grandstand seating, pits/paddock access…
- Rally car and off-road 4x4 experiences.
- Festival accommodation alternatives on-site: modern campsite, glamping and the unique Snoozebox hotel for additional comfort over the weekend.
Full details of the 2012 Silverstone Classic powered by the AA – including information on ‘Early Bird’ ticket offers for those booking before the end of March – are available via the event’s official www.silverstoneclassic.com website.