Tuna Mediterranean Salad
|Author: maria shaw||Published: 12th August 2008 13:28|
TUNA MEDITERRANEAN SALAD
- 300g tuna, cooked and allowed to cool (or use canned tuna)
- 12 spears of asparagus, cooked and refreshed in cold water
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 handfuls of lettuce or mixed salad leaves
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled until just cooked and allowed to cool then cut into chunks
- 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 12 pitted black olives.
Assemble the salad in a large flat bowl starting with a layer of lettuce then adding the sliced tomato, asparagus and potato pieces. Arrange the boiled eggs around the side then add the tuna, broken into chunks. Dot the olives around the dish and then refrigerate. Just before serving, drizzle with a generous quantity of your favourite salad dressing or vinaigrette.
Preparation time: 25 minutes.