Succulent Chicken with Orange & Ginger
|Author: maria shaw||Published: 12th August 2008 13:46|
CHICKEN WITH ORANGE & GINGER
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- The juice and coarsely grated rind from two small oranges
- A thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 tsp runny honey
- salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Fry the chicken breasts with a little oil over a high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until nicely browned.
3. Allow them to cool, then make a series of diagonal slices across each breast, cutting about half way through the meat. Mix together the orange rind and ginger and press a little of this mixture into each of the slits.
4. Place the meat in a shallow roasting dish (a snug-fitting dish is best so that there is not too much room around the chicken) Mix together the honey and orange juice and pour this over and around the chicken. Season generously with pepper and salt then roast for 35-40 minutes, basting the meat with the juices two or three times during cooking.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes