Publishing Online With AboutMyArea
|Published: 5th March 2012 20:01|
Learn how to write an article and have it published on AboutMyArea...
Here at AboutMyArea we are very keen to get as many members of the public as possible involved in contributing to our local online community
Whether you simply want to add an event that you're involved in to our Calendar, or whether you want to create and publish a feature article to be shared with the local community, we want to try and make the whole process as simple as possible. We have therefore created a series of 'Help' documents and Video Tutorials to guide you through the process. We hope you have fun following them!
Please note: all the links included below can also be found behind the "Help" button that you can see at the top of the screen...
- The first step is to become a Registered User of AboutMyArea. This will give you access to your own Personal Control Centre in which to Upload and Store your Images and an 'editor' within which you insert your images and write your article, see: Setting-up your AMAZing Place Account
- Before starting to write your article you may first want to upload an image or photograph to include within your article, see: Adding & Managing Pictures
- Learn how to create your article, see: Article Management
Plus there is so much more you can do! You will have noticed that at every step along the way the 'Help' guides provide loads of extra links & paths to follow in order to help you learn how to do different things. Please feel free to explore them all!
Our Final 'tips' on article creation are:
- always include an Image if at all possible - it brightens everything-up a bit!
- try to add a fair amount of text (Google will only pick-up those with approximately150 words or more)
- try to include key words (such as Town name or Organisation name, etc) in the opening of your article. These should be something that people might type into a search box if they want to discover your article
If you really do get stuck with something, then you can always just email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org