Welcome to AboutMyArea EN9 - the local interactive community website
- Companion Dog Show - Sunday 31st May 2015 Published: 16-04-2015 14:28
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust launch search for creative entrepreneurs Published: 16-04-2015 14:06
- How to Reduce Risk of Skin Cancer - Cancer Research Sun Protection Advice Published: 16-04-2015 13:47
- VE Celebrations Event at Royal Gunpowder Mills - 2nd to 4th May 2015 Published: 15-04-2015 18:53
- Give Blood - Sunday 3rd May 2015 Published: 15-04-2015 17:27
- Mythical Creatures Exhibition at EFC - 14th April to 8th May 2015 Published: 13-04-2015 15:07
- Award winning Farnham Youth Choir performing at the Abbey - Sat 11th April 2015 at 3.30pm Published: 10-04-2015 18:58
- Waltham Abbey Marriott second annual Family Fun Day 2015 Published: 08-04-2015 19:25
- Major Carriageway Overnight Resurfacing Works - 7th to 14th April Published: 07-04-2015 19:30
- Create your own tie dyed eggs this Easter Published: 01-04-2015 23:23
- Please help save the 505 Bus Published: 01-04-2015 20:11
- Easter Lee Valley Country Show - Easter Sunday 5th & Bank Holiday Monday 6th April 2015 Published: 25-03-2015 18:36
- Explosive Easter at Royal Gunpowder Mills - 28th March to 12th April 2015 Published: 19-03-2015 18:49
- Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe Published: 19-03-2015 11:43
- Employment Law - Growing Your Workforce Published: 18-03-2015 09:53
- Celebrating the Centenary of Abbey's Twelve Bells Published: 15-03-2015 02:05
- Waltham Abbey Church Sponsor a Pipe Appeal Published: 12-03-2015 11:03
- St Thomas Church Spring Events in aid of Church Tower Fund Published: 10-03-2015 18:42
- Easter Egg Hunts Published: 10-03-2015 13:20
- Extreme Stunt Show Air Battle - Good Friday 3rd April 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 03-04-2015 14:06
- Waltham Abbey Marriott Family Fun Day - Sun 29th March 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 28-03-2015 20:36
- World Earth Hour 2015 - Saturday 28th March 2015 at 8.30pm Comments: 1 Latest: 28-03-2015 16:53
- Waltham Abbey Pancake Day Races - Shrove Tuesday 17th Feb 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 16-02-2015 23:22
- Waltham Abbey's Coochy Coo Nappy Cakes home business wins national competition top prize Comments: 1 Latest: 22-01-2015 10:14
- Blossom ASD Centre Christmas Party - Sat 13th Dec 2014 Comments: 1 Latest: 11-12-2014 20:56
- DNA Studios "Snow White & the Seven Minions" Panto - 6th & 7th Dec 2014 Comments: 2 Latest: 06-12-2014 12:00
- Freddie the Fundraiser - Crisis at Christmas Charity Appeal Comments: 1 Latest: 05-12-2014 12:34
- The Rare Cow has come to town Comments: 1 Latest: 11-10-2014 10:50
- Royal Gunpowder Mills shortlisted in Telegraph Family Friendly Museum Awards Comments: 1 Latest: 03-10-2014 10:52
- Dream of Blossom ASD Centre in Waltham Abbey moves closer to becoming a reality Comments: 1 Latest: 25-09-2014 14:21
- 16 year old shaving her head in aid of Kidney Research UK Comments: 1 Latest: 16-09-2014 10:05
- Family Fun Day for Teresa Carr - Sunday 24th August 2014 Comments: 1 Latest: 25-08-2014 19:59
- Annabelle's Boutique nominated for national independent retailer award - PLEASE VOTE NOW! Comments: 2 Latest: 06-08-2014 16:14
- Fundraiser Shane Yerrell to have all the hair on his head shaved off in aid of Teens Unite - 5th August 2014 Comments: 1 Latest: 04-08-2014 20:41
- Volunteers needed to represent bricks to mark out original Abbey Church walls - Sat 19th July 10.30am Comments: 1 Latest: 10-07-2014 13:12
- Summer Robotics Lego Camp at Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel - 28th July to 1st August 2014 Comments: 1 Latest: 10-07-2014 12:02
- Save the Tea Hut campaign gains phenomenal community support Comments: 2 Latest: 18-06-2014 22:50
- Orchid 54 Ladies Film Night "Footloose" - Wed 18th June 2014 - Postponed Comments: 1 Latest: 16-06-2014 19:01
AboutMyArea EN9 community resource for local residents, businesses and visitors to Waltham Abbey, Upshire and Nazeing
We hope you find this website enjoyable and informative - first and foremost it is community website to inform local residents in the EN9 postcode region (Waltham Abbey, Upshire, Nazeing and the surrounding villages of Epping Forest District in Essex) about what is going on, to report on positive news, to support and forge links in the community as well as help promote our local businesses and the wonderful attractions we have in our historic town. To make a difference!
Come visit our historic market town, which has both a heart and a soul, located on the Essex, Hertfordshire border with the River Lea, Lee Valley Park and Epping Forest close to the town and the Meridian Line runs through the heart of the town across Sun Street, the Abbey Gardens and Gunpowder Park! Local attractions include the Royal Gunpowder Mills, Epping Forest District Museum, Lee Valley Park Farms and the Lee Valley White Water Centre.
The more contributions from the community, the more interesting and informative the website will become - please join in and help it grow and expand. Keep the spirit of community alive in EN9!
If there is anything we have missed that you would like to see included or if you would like to contribute to the website on a regular basis, please get in touch:
Kate & Jeff Towerzey - Site Editors
Tel: 01992 651066 Mobile: 07950 027959
Waltham Abbey Press & Media Information Pack
This brand new document was launched by Waltham Abbey Town Partnership at Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel on 17th January 2013, please feel free to take a look and spread the word about Waltham Abbey "the hidden gem at the heart of Epping Forest District".
Visit Epping Forest
For more information on Epping Forest District attractions and activities in Epping, Ongar, North Weald, Loughton and Waltham Abbey, you might like to visit the new Visit Epping Forest website:
Health & Lifestyle Sections
Our new Lifestyle Section is packed with articles and information on Green Issues, Money Matters, Motoring, Food & Drink, Home, Gardening, Pets Corner, People and IT Tips. We are currently looking for sponsorship for these new sections who will have a static position on the page relevant to their business. If you are interested please get in touch.
Please register to log on to the interactive AMAZing Place click on "Join Now" and complete your details, when you next log on your own icon will be displayed in the top right) and you can then join in as this site is as much yours as ours.
For every voice in the community that wants to be heard - we're listening!
Once you have logged on you will receive a monthly newsletter via email and you can contribute to the website in many ways - including writing an article or review, commenting or debating current local issues and sharing information ideas and information with other readers.
Schools, Clubs & Charities
All charities, schools and clubs can promote their events, write and include articles for FREE. Just email us and we will upload the details on the website or you could become a Sub Editor.
If you do not have your own website, we could give your club their own section of the website to help increase your membership and communicate with current members.
We offer a FREE standard listing in our Business Directory which you can add yourself by clicking on "Submit my Business Listing" and offer very competitve low cost rates for advertising that can link directly to your website or we can produce an enhanced business listing created specifically for you that will be displayed when a visitor clicks on your advert.
Link on the banner at the top of this Home Page to view our advertising rates. No print costs, no deadline dates, no hassle!
More and more people are searching for businesses on line - can you afford not to be included. Join our Business Directory TODAY.
Please add us to your Favourites, Tell a Friend & Come Back Soon
Check out the 5 day forecast for EN9 from: