Welcome to AboutMyArea EN9 - the local interactive community website
- Mince Pie Recipe Published: 06-12-2017 15:44
- Christmas Church Services & Carol Concerts 2017 Published: 06-12-2017 14:56
- Meet Santa for a memorable Christmas treat Published: 28-11-2017 17:52
- Coping with Christmas Published: 21-11-2017 18:02
- Cavalcade of Light, Waltham Abbey, Friday 24th November 2017 Published: 21-11-2017 18:00
- Christmas Cake Recipe Published: 21-11-2017 16:51
- Christmas Postal Deadline Dates 2017 Published: 10-11-2017 17:51
- Essex Christmas Markets 2017 Published: 10-11-2017 17:44
- Remembrance Sunday 12th Nov & Armstice Day 11th Nov 2017 Published: 02-11-2017 13:12
- The 1066 March comes to Waltham Abbey - 6th October 5pm Comments: 1 Latest: 06-10-2016 13:18
- Epping Forest District Museum enters international video competition - Please vote on 18th April Comments: 2 Latest: 19-04-2016 13:46
- Coochy Coo Nappy Cakes exclusive Guess How Much I Love You baby gifts Comments: 1 Latest: 03-03-2016 12:05
- Chingford Morris Men Boxing Day Tour - The Mummers Play & Morris Dancing Comments: 1 Latest: 26-12-2015 12:01
- Successful launch and new venue found for Waltham Abbey Writers Group Comments: 2 Latest: 24-11-2015 21:38
- Remembrance Sunday 12th Nov & Armstice Day 11th Nov 2017 Comments: 1 Latest: 05-11-2015 18:37
- Waltham Abbey Theatre Company present Spy Game - 24th to 26th Sept 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 25-09-2015 10:15
- Keep It Local Fete - Sat 19th Sept 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 19-09-2015 09:48
- ICF Canoe Slalom World Championships - 16th to 20th Sept 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 15-09-2015 11:45
AboutMyArea EN9 community resource for local residents, businesses and visitors to Waltham Abbey, Upshire and Nazeing
We hope you find this website enjoyable and informative - first and foremost it is community website to inform local residents in the EN9 postcode region (Waltham Abbey, Upshire, Nazeing and the surrounding villages of Epping Forest District in Essex) about what is going on, to report on positive news, to support and forge links in the community as well as help promote our local businesses and the wonderful attractions we have in our historic town. To make a difference!
Come visit our historic market town, which has both a heart and a soul, located on the Essex, Hertfordshire border with the River Lea, Lee Valley Park and Epping Forest close to the town and the Meridian Line runs through the heart of the town across Sun Street, the Abbey Gardens and Gunpowder Park! Local attractions include the Royal Gunpowder Mills, Epping Forest District Museum, Lee Valley Park Farms and the Lee Valley White Water Centre.
The more contributions from the community, the more interesting and informative the website will become - please join in and help it grow and expand. Keep the spirit of community alive in EN9!
If there is anything we have missed that you would like to see included or if you would like to contribute to the website on a regular basis, please get in touch:
Kate & Jeff Towerzey - Site Editors
Tel: 01992 651066 Mobile: 07950 027959
Waltham Abbey Press & Media Information Pack
This brand new document was launched by Waltham Abbey Town Partnership at Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel on 17th January 2013, please feel free to take a look and spread the word about Waltham Abbey "the hidden gem at the heart of Epping Forest District".
Visit Epping Forest
For more information on Epping Forest District attractions and activities in Epping, Ongar, North Weald, Loughton and Waltham Abbey, you might like to visit the new Visit Epping Forest website:
Health & Lifestyle Sections
Our new Lifestyle Section is packed with articles and information on Green Issues, Money Matters, Motoring, Food & Drink, Home, Gardening, Pets Corner, People and IT Tips. We are currently looking for sponsorship for these new sections who will have a static position on the page relevant to their business. If you are interested please get in touch.
Please register to log on to the interactive AMAZing Place click on "Join Now" and complete your details, when you next log on your own icon will be displayed in the top right) and you can then join in as this site is as much yours as ours.
For every voice in the community that wants to be heard - we're listening!
Once you have logged on you will receive a monthly newsletter via email and you can contribute to the website in many ways - including writing an article or review, commenting or debating current local issues and sharing information ideas and information with other readers.
Schools, Clubs & Charities
All charities, schools and clubs can promote their events, write and include articles for FREE. Just email us and we will upload the details on the website or you could become a Sub Editor.
If you do not have your own website, we could give your club their own section of the website to help increase your membership and communicate with current members.
We offer a FREE standard listing in our Business Directory which you can add yourself by clicking on "Submit my Business Listing" and offer very competitve low cost rates for advertising that can link directly to your website or we can produce an enhanced business listing created specifically for you that will be displayed when a visitor clicks on your advert.
Link on the banner at the top of this Home Page to view our advertising rates. No print costs, no deadline dates, no hassle!
More and more people are searching for businesses on line - can you afford not to be included. Join our Business Directory TODAY.
Please add us to your Favourites, Tell a Friend & Come Back Soon
Check out the 5 day forecast for EN9 from: