Welcome to AboutMyArea EN9 - the local interactive community website
- Putting Waltham Abbey on the App Published: 05-03-2014 23:32
- Charity Quiz Night for Parkinson's UK - Sat 8th March 2014 Published: 04-03-2014 22:10
- Shrove Tuesday - tradition origins and delicious pancake recipe Published: 28-02-2014 22:16
- Memorable Celebration of Speedway Event at Paradise Wildlife Park Published: 25-02-2014 16:24
- Former Roding Valley High School student Luciee Closier on The Voice Published: 24-02-2014 18:58
- Orchid 54 Film Night - Wed 19th March 2014 Published: 21-02-2014 20:48
- Duncan Phillips celebrate move to new offices Published: 20-02-2014 21:46
- Sports Relief Mile & Swimathon Waltham Abbey - Sun 23rd March 2014 Published: 18-02-2014 21:35
- Half Term Family Fun in Lee Valley Park Published: 18-02-2014 10:06
- Waltham Abbey Pancake Day Races - Tuesday 4th March 2014 Published: 15-02-2014 15:58
- Michael Buble Tribute Night - Sat 1st March 2014 Published: 12-02-2014 11:09
- Half Term Horrors in the Mad Lab at Royal Gunpowder Mills - 15th to 23rd Feb 2014 Published: 11-02-2014 15:54
- Whose been sitting in my chair? Children's Theatre Production Tues 18th February 2014 Published: 11-02-2014 13:34
- Waltham Abbey celebrates traditional Burns Night Published: 10-02-2014 13:00
- Theft of laptops from Upshire Primary School Published: 03-02-2014 11:29
- Yarnaholics Assemble - Waltham Abbey Wool Show 2014 Published: 29-01-2014 22:28
- Calling all ex-patients of Dr Lakha of Sun Street Waltham Abbey Surgery Published: 29-01-2014 21:22
- Chinese New Year 2014 - The Year of the Horse Published: 27-01-2014 15:46
- Is to Stop Smoking your New Year's Resolution? Published: 27-01-2014 11:40
- Waltham Abbey Wool Show - Sun 19th January 2014 Comments: 1 Latest: 31-12-2013 11:15
- People's Millions - VOTE TODAY for St Clare Hospice Comments: 1 Latest: 29-11-2013 10:09
- Waltham Abbey's Becket Drama Company present It Runs in the Family - 19th, 20th & 21st September 2013 Comments: 1 Latest: 19-09-2013 23:30
- The Scratching Post Cat Rescue Charity Urgent Appeal for Donations & Homes Comments: 1 Latest: 15-08-2013 09:57
- Jo Jingles Pre-school Music Classes have come to Waltham Abbey starting 12th June 2013 Comments: 1 Latest: 10-08-2013 18:26
- Shane Yerrell's mountain challenge to aid Liam Bradshaw's specialist treatment Comments: 1 Latest: 09-08-2013 12:23
- Waltham Abbey Potential Land Development Public Consultation Evenings - 16th & 19th June 2013 Comments: 1 Latest: 09-07-2013 18:45
- Friends of Town Mead Play Area unite "Help Us Get a New Park" Comments: 3 Latest: 01-06-2013 13:17
- Gok Wan to support Marie Curie Essex Skinny Dip Comments: 1 Latest: 27-04-2013 02:58
- Larsen Bowls Club Open Day - Sat 14th April 2012 Comments: 3 Latest: 04-03-2013 18:08
- The Waltham Abbey Woodcraft Folk Comments: 2 Latest: 25-10-2012 12:34
- West End fine dining arrives in Waltham Abbey at Parsons Restaurant Comments: 4 Latest: 19-03-2012 15:13
- Rabbits Stolen - Appeal for Information Comments: 1 Latest: 02-02-2012 15:26
- Monte Carlo Historic Rally to stop in Waltham Abbey - 28th Jan 2011 (1.00am-7.00am) Comments: 5 Latest: 30-01-2011 19:02
- RNLI Reindeer Run in Lee Valley Park Comments: 1 Latest: 01-12-2010 12:58
- Upshire Primary School Ladies Night - Fri 12th November 2010 Comments: 2 Latest: 11-11-2010 22:57
- Have you registered to vote? Comments: 1 Latest: 05-02-2010 19:25
- Neale Cranwell Crowned Mr Universe Comments: 1 Latest: 24-11-2009 15:52
- AboutMyArea EN9 Website - One Year On... Comments: 1 Latest: 05-09-2009 00:15
AboutMyArea EN9 community resource for local residents, businesses and visitors to Waltham Abbey, Upshire and Nazeing
We hope you find this website enjoyable and informative - first and foremost it is community website to inform local residents in the EN9 postcode region (Waltham Abbey, Upshire, Nazeing and the surrounding villages of Epping Forest District in Essex) about what is going on, to report on positive news, to support and forge links in the community as well as help promote our local businesses and the wonderful attractions we have in our historic town. To make a difference!
Come visit our historic market town, which has both a heart and a soul, located on the Essex, Hertfordshire border with the River Lea, Lee Valley Park and Epping Forest close to the town and the Meridian Line runs through the heart of the town across Sun Street, the Abbey Gardens and Gunpowder Park! Local attractions include the Royal Gunpowder Mills, Epping Forest District Museum, Lee Valley Park Farms and the Lee Valley White Water Centre.
The more contributions from the community, the more interesting and informative the website will become - please join in and help it grow and expand. Keep the spirit of community alive in EN9!
If there is anything we have missed that you would like to see included or if you would like to contribute to the website on a regular basis, please get in touch:
Kate & Jeff Towerzey - Site Editors
Tel: 01992 651066 Mobile: 07950 027959
Waltham Abbey Press & Media Information Pack
This brand new document was launched by Waltham Abbey Town Partnership at Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel on 17th January 2013, please feel free to take a look and spread the word about Waltham Abbey "the hidden gem at the heart of Epping Forest District".
Waltham Abbey Hidden England New Video
Waltham Abbey Town Partnership (independent committee working to enhance the economy of our town) has commissioned a new video to help promote Waltham Abbey to visitors and the media, but also for residents and businesses to be more aware of the local attractions, opportunities and potential - to be proud to live and/or work in Waltham Abbey:
Visit Epping Forest
For more information on Epping Forest District attractions and activities in Epping, Ongar, North Weald, Loughton and Waltham Abbey, you might like to visit the new Visit Epping Forest website:
Health & Lifestyle Sections
Our new Lifestyle Section is packed with articles and information on Green Issues, Money Matters, Motoring, Food & Drink, Home, Gardening, Pets Corner, People and IT Tips. We are currently looking for sponsorship for these new sections who will have a static position on the page relevant to their business. If you are interested please get in touch.
Please register to log on to the interactive AMAZing Place click on "Join Now" and complete your details, when you next log on your own icon will be displayed in the top right) and you can then join in as this site is as much yours as ours.
For every voice in the community that wants to be heard - we're listening!
Once you have logged on you will receive a monthly newsletter via email and you can contribute to the website in many ways - including writing an article or review, commenting or debating current local issues and sharing information ideas and information with other readers.
Schools, Clubs & Charities
All charities, schools and clubs can promote their events, write and include articles for FREE. Just email us and we will upload the details on the website or you could become a Sub Editor.
If you do not have your own website, we could give your club their own section of the website to help increase your membership and communicate with current members.
We offer a FREE standard listing in our Business Directory which you can add yourself by clicking on "Submit my Business Listing" and offer very competitve low cost rates for advertising that can link directly to your website or we can produce an enhanced business listing created specifically for you that will be displayed when a visitor clicks on your advert.
Link on the banner at the top of this Home Page to view our advertising rates. No print costs, no deadline dates, no hassle!
More and more people are searching for businesses on line - can you afford not to be included. Join our Business Directory TODAY.
Please add us to your Favourites, Tell a Friend & Come Back Soon
Check out the 5 day forecast for EN9 from: