Give Blood - Sunday 27th May 2012
|Published: 22nd May 2012 22:36|
Blood Donor Sessions at Elphwood Scout Hall, Waltham Abbey
Sunday 27th May 2012
9.30am-12.30pm & 1.30-3.00pm
It is vital that people continue to donate throughout the year, so if you feel well, please don't forget to give blood on Sunday 27th May 2012 at Elphwood Scout Hall, Cornmill Car Park, Waltham Abbey, EN9 1RB.
If you are unable to make this blood donation date, please make a note of the next blood donor sessions below. Why not make an appointment on line or by phone NOW so you don't forget.
If you have never given before you must be between 17 and 65 years old and in good health. You need to weigh more than 7st 12lb (50kg). Regular donors can give blood up to the age of 70 and can give up to 3 times in one year.
There were 1.4 million donors in 2008, but the National Blood Service need more regular donors to maintain the blood stocks, so whatever your blood group - O, A, B and AB, whether you have positive or the rarer negative blood group - the NHS Blood & Transplant Service needs it.
What's stopping you? Why not get a friend or family member to go with you.
It takes less than an hour of your life to save someone elses!
Did you know that 96% of the UK population relys on the other 4% to give blood! What better gift can you give for FREE - do something amazing - give blood!
If you can't make this session, please see other sessions below. Why not book an appointment today!
Friday 3rd August 1.30-3.45pm & 5.00-7.30pm
For more information or to book an appointment, please call 08457 711 711 or go to NHS Blood & Transplant website