wordpress hit counter
  • Bookmark this page

The Best Guide for the EN9 Area

EN9 news, reviews and local events in EN9 areas including Waltham Abbey, Nazeing, and communities in EN9.

Calendar of
Upcoming Events

Business Reviews

"High quality, imaginative and useful baby gifts"
"You can't go wrong here!"
"Fantastic family day out"
"Reliable, trustworthy and reasonable prices!!"
"Full of energy, fun and educational, fantastic."


"I recently had the opportunity to advertise on AboutMyArea, which I found to be extremely professional and ensured the finalised advert was reflective of my website and brand. I am really pleased with..." more
- Joan Finch, J Finch & Associates

Easy Access

Give Blood in Waltham Abbey - Wed 31st August 2016

Published: 19th August 2016 12:17
Save a life Blood Service

Blood Donor Sessions at Elphwood Scout Hall, Waltham Abbey
Wed 31st August: 1.00-3.00pm & 4.30-7.30pm 

It is vital that people continue to donate regularly, particularly during the summer holiday period, so if you feel well, please don't forget to give blood on Wednesday 31st August 2016 at Elphwood Scout Hall, Cornmill Car Park, Waltham Abbey, EN9 1RB.

If you are unable to make either of these blood donation dates, please make a note of the next blood donor sessions below. Why not make an appointment on line or by phone NOW so you don't forget.  Not essential to pre-book you can just walk in, but will save you time on the day.

If you have never given before you must be between 17 and 65 years old and in good health. You need to weigh more than 7st 12lb (50kg). Regular donors can give blood up to the age of 70 and can give up to 3 times in one year.

Did you know they have a new real time booking system now available, check out their website for details. 

There were 1.4 million donors in 2008, but the National Blood Service need more regular donors to maintain the blood stocks, so whatever your blood group - O, A, B and AB, whether you have positive or the rarer negative blood group - the NHS Blood & Transplant Service needs it.

Blood stocks of negative blood are particularly low at the moment, so if you haven't given before or haven't given for a while please make an appointment. Your blood donation could help up to three people.  Blood is not only needed in emergencies with a growing population they need 200,000 new donors just to keep the blood stocks stable.

Around the world, As, Bs and Os are disappearing. This year blood donor organisations from 21 countries - covering 1 billion people - are coming together for our Missing Type campaign. We are asking everyone to 'drop' the letters of the main blood groups to show support for blood donation and register to give blood. Hopefully this campaign will raise awareness and ensure more people become regular blood donors #missingtype


So what's stopping you? Why not get a friend or family member to go with you if it is your first time.

It takes less than an hour of your life to save someone elses! What better gift can you give than the gift of life!

Did you know that 96% of the UK population relies on the other 4% to give blood!  What better gift can you give for FREE - do something amazing - give blood!

If you can't make these sessions, please see next session below. Why not book an appointment today!

Next Session:

Wed 28th December 2016 from 10.00am-12.30pm & 2.00-4.30pm

Mon 2nd January 2017 from 9.30-12.00pm & 1.30-3.45pm 

For more information or to book an appointment, please call 0300 123 23 23 or go to NHS Blood & Transplant website

Bookmark and Share

Report this article as inappropriate


You need to log in before you can do that! It's only a quick registration process to join the AMA network and completely free.

Sign in or join now to post a comment
Find a Local Business
Back to Top
© Copyright 2005-2018 AboutMyArea

AboutMyArea Privacy Policy

EN9: EN9 Home | News | Community | Classifieds | Business Directory | Family Zone | Business Zone | Health | Lifestyle | Paul's Ponderings | Our Services | WATP | WAT-TA | EFYC | Funding & Awards | History | Music | Contact Us
AboutMyArea: Home | Site Map | Contact AboutMyArea | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | Franchise Opportunity | Help

About Cookies