Residential Care Homes in & around Portsmouth
Alexandra Rose Residential Care Home is registered for old age and dementia.
"Our Home is Your Home"
Alexandra Rose provides a high standard of care, in a homely relaxed atmosphere.
Established in 1991, the privately owned residential care home is registered for 32 residents with all rooms benefitting from en-suite facilities. The home boasts two conservatories, a lovely welcoming lounge, a superb dining room, and two restful gardens. It also benefits from a five person passenger lift.
Residential Care should never be regarded as a last resort. It can be a new beginning, which provides comfort and security in the latter years. It can eliminate the problems of day to day living and should be a most effective way of overcoming loneliness.
Alexandra Rose offers short stays and day care for those times when you feel you or your family need a break, you want to take some time to recover or just want to enjoy our hospitality and get looked after.
- Privacy - The right of a resident to be left alone and undisturbed whenever they wish
- DIgnity - The understanding of a resident's needs and treating them with respect.
- Independence - Allowing a resident to take calculated risks, to make their own decisions and think or act for themselves.
- Choice - Giving a resident the opportunity to self-select from a range of alternative options
- Rights - Maintain all basic human rights in respect for the residents.
- Fulfillment - Enabling the resident to realise their own aims and helping them to achieve these goals in all aspects of daily living.
Activities and Entertainment
Alexandra Rose encourages all residents to become involved in daily activities which include musical movements, memory quizzes, reminiscence therapy and reading periods. This encourages interaction and enables blind residents to be included in group activities.
We have daily entertainment, including Bingo, Scrabble, Dominoes, Play Your Cards Right, Connect 4, Upwards, Countdown and many other therapeutic interactions.
In addition to this, we have performances from entertainers such as musicians,singers and actors.
We also have a mobile in-house shop which is accessible daily. Our residents can choose from a range of sweets and goodies, toiletries, greeting cards and other various items.
Diet and Nutrition
Daily diet is monitored on an individual basis, and includes all the necessary nutritional requirements to maintain a healthy mind and body as recommended by our local authority.
All our residents enjoy the benefits of home cooking using fresh ingredients to create wholesome and nutritional meals with an emphasis on taste and goodness.
To find out more about Alexandra Rose, or to arrange a visit, please contact us on 02392 382944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, visit our website at http://www.alexandra-rose.co.uk/.
- Indicates business has a Community Club code for you to use to receive discounts, etc.
Residential Care Homes in Portsmouth - Residential Care Homes in Cosham, Drayton, Farlington - Residential Care Homes in Copnor, North End - Residential Care Homes in Fratton, Southsea