Welcome to AboutMyArea, the local community website for Broxbourne, Wormley, Wormley West End, Turnford, and surrounding areas
- Farmers’ Market to Visit Hoddesdon Published: 20-05-2015 08:02
- Results of Broxbourne Council Election May 2015 Published: 11-05-2015 15:32
- Lowewood Museum opens late for Victorian Extravaganza Published: 11-05-2015 14:44
- Travel guide to Oman Published: 10-05-2015 16:39
- General Election 2015 Published: 09-05-2015 12:43
- Your views are sought... Published: 05-05-2015 08:56
- St George’s Day Celebration at Grundy Park Published: 01-05-2015 09:55
- Man and Superman screened to Broxbourne Civic Hall Published: 01-05-2015 09:34
- VE Day celebrations in Broxbourne Published: 30-04-2015 15:32
- Trial summer membership at Cheshunt Park Golf Centre Published: 30-04-2015 15:07
- "Let’s Hang On" comes to Broxbourne Civic Hall Published: 30-04-2015 14:48
- Great Opportunity to Expose Your Talent Published: 22-04-2015 15:37
- Anthony Trollope exhibition opens at Lowewood Museum Published: 21-04-2015 10:14
- Alton Towers Resort launches the captivating new Enchanted Village Published: 18-04-2015 17:01
- Youth Councillors meet with Hertfordshire Police and Crime Commissioner Published: 18-04-2015 16:22
- Sammy the Seal talks to school children about Swim School Published: 18-04-2015 16:12
- "How the Koala Learnt to Hug" Published: 18-04-2015 15:49
- Great Prizes Up For Grabs! Published: 18-04-2015 15:36
- Housing matters discussed at Landlords’ Forum on 8 April 15 Published: 18-04-2015 15:28
Hello, and welcome to your new interactive website covering the localities of Broxbourne, Wormley, Turnford, and surrounding areas. Please bear with us while we build up the content on the site or even better help us! Contact us to find out more about how you can get involved.
Our aim is to ultimately provide everything you might want from a community website; from news to chat, from chemists' late night opening to cinema listings, from council notices to quizzes and games. In fact, you name it, and we would hope to provide it.
Remember it is a community website, so the more involvement and input that you - the community - can give us, the better. Join us as a registered user (absolutely free) and you can have your say. So don't be shy in contacting us with absolutely anything at all that you feel would be of interest to anyone else, be it a snippet of news or an upcoming event. Any content ideas you feel would be useful which are not currently there, do let us know.
<<-- Projected Olympic Site
The various links at the top left of each page will enable you to navigate around the site. Clicking onto the down arrow next to the category will bring up the sub-divisions of that category, so you can click on to what ever takes your fancy. For instance What's on within "News" tab will lead you to events that are current or upcoming, and details of those events will be discovered by clicking on from there. Similarly, the "Community" tab will lead you to information about organisations (charities, educational establishments, clubs and societies etc) within the area.
Council Annual Event at the Council Offices
The "Business" section is where where you will find directories of (mostly) local businesses and services. (This will take time to build, but in the meantime, if you have had dealings with a local business that you were pleased with, then do let us know, we can contact them and suggest they give themselves a presence on the site.)
To find out what events are upcoming on the calendar, then take a click on "Upcoming Events" at the top of the left-hand column of each page.
As the site develops further, we expect enhancements to be made to all these areas, such that the site will evolve into the first stop for anyone looking for local information.
Please take a little while to navigate around and see where things are, and if you have any thoughts on additions, repositions, or even deletions, do let us know - remember, it's your site!
Keep your eyes open too, for various prize competitions which will be introduced on occasions.
So, if you run or are involved with any local group, charity, club, PTA etc, and you want to get any information of events or fixtures out there to your community, or if you just want to raise a community issue, then all you have to do is join our network, because it's your network too. And it's all totally FREE to register and to use.
Alternatively, please feel free to e-mail us with anything you'd like us to know about.
Oh, and if you need it, here's our local weather from the BBC (though we can't guarantee its accuracy!).