Welcome to AboutMyArea, the local community website for Broxbourne, Wormley, Wormley West End, Turnford, and surrounding areas
- On the Move: 5,500 years of the Wheel opens at Lowewood Museum Published: 01-07-2015 09:05
- Open Day 2015 is only days away Published: 26-06-2015 16:50
- Let’s go play steps back in time in Hoddesdon Published: 25-06-2015 08:43
- Residents out in force to be part of the Aviva Women’s Tour Published: 24-06-2015 16:24
- Jurassic mania! Published: 15-06-2015 11:55
- The Lord Chamberlain’s Men Return to Broxbourne in "Twelfth Night" Published: 11-06-2015 08:44
- Bizet’s "Carmen" comes to Broxbourne Civic Hall Published: 11-06-2015 08:32
- Broxbourne residents to benefit from award winning business advice Published: 06-06-2015 11:12
- Prizes up for grabs for best Women’s Tour photos Published: 06-06-2015 10:59
- New Golf Professional at Cheshunt Park Golf Centre Published: 06-06-2015 10:49
- "Homegrown" at Cheshunt Published: 06-06-2015 10:20
- Summer Fair in Waltham Cross Published: 06-06-2015 10:09
- "Show Boat" sails into Broxbourne Civic Hall Published: 29-05-2015 10:13
- Road names sought to mark Broxbourne's Year of Heritage Published: 29-05-2015 09:57
- Farmers’ Market to Visit Hoddesdon Published: 20-05-2015 08:02
- ‘One Year On’…Ambition Broxbourne marks its first anniversary Published: 12-05-2015 16:46
- Results of Broxbourne Council Election May 2015 Published: 11-05-2015 15:32
- Lowewood Museum opens late for Victorian Extravaganza Published: 11-05-2015 14:44
- Travel guide to Oman Published: 10-05-2015 16:39
Hello, and welcome to your new interactive website covering the localities of Broxbourne, Wormley, Turnford, and surrounding areas. Please bear with us while we build up the content on the site or even better help us! Contact us to find out more about how you can get involved.
Our aim is to ultimately provide everything you might want from a community website; from news to chat, from chemists' late night opening to cinema listings, from council notices to quizzes and games. In fact, you name it, and we would hope to provide it.
Remember it is a community website, so the more involvement and input that you - the community - can give us, the better. Join us as a registered user (absolutely free) and you can have your say. So don't be shy in contacting us with absolutely anything at all that you feel would be of interest to anyone else, be it a snippet of news or an upcoming event. Any content ideas you feel would be useful which are not currently there, do let us know.
<<-- Projected Olympic Site
The various links at the top left of each page will enable you to navigate around the site. Clicking onto the down arrow next to the category will bring up the sub-divisions of that category, so you can click on to what ever takes your fancy. For instance What's on within "News" tab will lead you to events that are current or upcoming, and details of those events will be discovered by clicking on from there. Similarly, the "Community" tab will lead you to information about organisations (charities, educational establishments, clubs and societies etc) within the area.
Council Annual Event at the Council Offices
The "Business" section is where where you will find directories of (mostly) local businesses and services. (This will take time to build, but in the meantime, if you have had dealings with a local business that you were pleased with, then do let us know, we can contact them and suggest they give themselves a presence on the site.)
To find out what events are upcoming on the calendar, then take a click on "Upcoming Events" at the top of the left-hand column of each page.
As the site develops further, we expect enhancements to be made to all these areas, such that the site will evolve into the first stop for anyone looking for local information.
Please take a little while to navigate around and see where things are, and if you have any thoughts on additions, repositions, or even deletions, do let us know - remember, it's your site!
Keep your eyes open too, for various prize competitions which will be introduced on occasions.
So, if you run or are involved with any local group, charity, club, PTA etc, and you want to get any information of events or fixtures out there to your community, or if you just want to raise a community issue, then all you have to do is join our network, because it's your network too. And it's all totally FREE to register and to use.
Alternatively, please feel free to e-mail us with anything you'd like us to know about.
Oh, and if you need it, here's our local weather from the BBC (though we can't guarantee its accuracy!).