Welcome to your Local Site for Hoddesdon, Rye Park, and surrounding areas
Broxbourne charity "Teens Unite Fighting Cancer" have released their latest Newsletter. We are proud to supply the link.....
- Magical Christmas Carol Concert at Broxbourne Civic Hall Published: 09-12-2013 16:00
- The latest edition of Broxbourne News is published Published: 09-12-2013 15:47
- Christmas X-Plosion for 11-14 year olds Published: 09-12-2013 15:33
- Get Festive with Herts Air Ambulance this Christmas Published: 06-12-2013 15:20
- 12 Tweets of Christmas Twitter competition Published: 05-12-2013 18:29
- European Market visits Hoddesdon and Waltham Cross town centres Published: 05-12-2013 09:30
- ‘Glee 3' Carol Concert for Older People Published: 04-12-2013 14:07
- Multi-agency response to illegal water supply Published: 04-12-2013 13:57
- Business Volunteers Needed for Second Careers Fair Published: 04-12-2013 10:29
- Herts Air Ambulance Needs You! - ‘Terrific Value Office Supplies' Recycles Ink Cartridges to Help your Business Save Lives Published: 03-12-2013 17:47
- Christmas Events at the Lee Valley Park Published: 03-12-2013 16:15
- Christmas Crooners at Broxbourne Civic Hall Published: 29-11-2013 18:19
- A Victorian Christmas at Lowewood Museum Published: 29-11-2013 16:27
- Broxbourne's Festival of Carols, December 2013 Published: 28-11-2013 13:33
- Let's Go Play Christmas events Published: 27-11-2013 17:45
- Hoddesdon Improvements Complete Published: 26-11-2013 18:03
- Waltham Cross Christmas Shopping Event Published: 24-11-2013 16:03
- Hoddesdon Loves Christmas Published: 22-11-2013 13:22
- X-Plosion Club Night for 11-14 year olds, 22 November 2013 Published: 21-11-2013 15:31
- Hoddesdon Home & Leisure Show 2013 Comments: 2 Latest: 04-09-2013 12:21
- Yet ANOTHER Phone Scam Comments: 3 Latest: 23-06-2011 19:31
- Wormley youngster Adam Chipperfield tells the Mayor of his good idea Comments: 1 Latest: 17-03-2011 16:36
- Ticks on the increase.... Comments: 1 Latest: 18-05-2010 14:03
Hello, and welcome to your new interactive website covering the localities of Hoddesdon, Rye Park, and surrounding areas. Please bear with us while we build up the content on the site, or even better, help us! Contact us to find out more about how you can get involved.
Hoddesdon Clock Tower
Our aim is to ultimately provide everything you might want from a community website; from news to chat, from chemists' late night opening to cinema listings, from council notices to quizzes and games. In fact, you name it, and we would hope to provide it.
Remember it is a community website, so the more involvement and input that you - the community - can give us, the better. Join us as a registered user (absolutely free) and you can have your say. So don't be shy in contacting us with absolutely anything at all that you feel would be of interest to anyone else, be it a snippet of news or an upcoming event. Any content ideas you feel would be useful which are not currently there, do let us know.
Another sunny day in Hoddesdon for the May Fair
The various links at the top left of each page will enable you to navigate around the site. Clicking onto the down arrow next to the category will bring up the sub-divisions of that category, so you can click on to what ever takes your fancy. For instance What's on within "News" tab will lead you to events that are current or upcoming, and details of those events will be discovered by clicking on from there. Similarly, the "Community" tab will lead you to information about organisations (charities, educational establishments, clubs and societies etc) within the area.
Official opening of Hoddesdon High St to through traffic
The "Business" section is where you will find directories of (mostly) local businesses and services. (This will take time to build, but in the meantime, if you have had dealings with a local business that you were pleased with, then do let us know, we can contact them and suggest they give themselves a presence on the site.)
To find out what events are upcoming on the calendar, then take a click on "Upcoming Events" at the top of the left-hand column on this page.
As the site develops further, we expect enhancements to be made to all these areas, such that the site will evolve into the first stop for anyone looking for local information.
Please take a little while to navigate around and see where things are, and if you have any thoughts on additions, repositions, or even deletions, do let us know - remember, it's your site!
Keep your eyes open too, for various prize competitions which will be introduced on occasions.
So, if you run or are involved with any local group, charity, club, PTA etc, and you want to get any information of events or fixtures out there to your community, or if you just want to raise a community issue, then all you have to do is join our network, because it's your network too. And it's all totally FREE to register and to use.
Alternatively, please feel free to e-mail us with anything you'd like us to know about.
Oh, and if you need it, here's our local weather from the BBC (though we can't guarantee its accuracy!).