Welcome to your Local Site for Goffs Oak, Flamstead End, Bury Green, and surrounding areas
- School pupils spruce up Lowewood Museum’s Community Garden Published: 27-03-2015 16:06
- Ambition Broxbourne Hub to open at the heart of the community Published: 27-03-2015 16:02
- “Purple sacks binned” Published: 27-03-2015 15:50
- Is Your Website A Bit Of A Monster? Published: 27-03-2015 14:14
- Broxbourne in Bloom poster winner announced Published: 26-03-2015 16:29
- Jeremy Hardy Live at Broxbourne Civic Hall Published: 24-03-2015 17:09
- Citizens’ Academy formed to make Broxbourne even safer Published: 24-03-2015 15:06
- Council Tax Letters Delivered Published: 24-03-2015 15:01
- Easter holiday activities for children and young people Published: 24-03-2015 14:49
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust Benefit from £1.5 Million LIBOR Donation Published: 19-03-2015 14:05
- Can You Take on the Entrepreneurs Challenge? Published: 19-03-2015 13:45
- Easter Holidays at Lee Valley Regional Park Published: 19-03-2015 12:35
- Give Your Town the Runaround Published: 19-03-2015 12:10
- Broxbourne Older People’s Forum on 25 March 2015 Published: 19-03-2015 10:47
- Details revealed of Stage Four of the Friends Life Women’s Tour Published: 19-03-2015 10:24
- Nominations open for the 2015 Active Broxbourne Sport Awards Published: 19-03-2015 09:42
- Easter fun at Kidz Klub in Hoddesdon Published: 19-03-2015 09:34
- Feed the ducks - but please, not with bread Published: 16-03-2015 09:11
- Young people wanted for Lowewood Museum Youth Panel Published: 10-03-2015 16:14
- Waltham Abbey Wool Show - Sun 19th January 2014 Comments: 1 Latest: 24-06-2014 11:01
- Hoddesdon Home & Leisure Show 2013 Comments: 2 Latest: 04-09-2013 12:21
- Yet ANOTHER Phone Scam Comments: 3 Latest: 23-06-2011 19:31
- Wormley youngster Adam Chipperfield tells the Mayor of his good idea Comments: 1 Latest: 17-03-2011 16:36
- Ticks on the increase.... Comments: 1 Latest: 18-05-2010 14:03
Hello, and welcome to your new interactive website covering your locality of Goffs Oak, Flamstead End, Hammond Street, Rosedale, Bury Green, and the surrounding areas Please bear with us while we build up the content the site, or even better, you can help us!
Contact us to find out more about how you can get involved.
Goffs Oak War Memorial
Our aim is to ultimately provide everything you might want from a community website; from news to chat, from chemists' late night opening to cinema listings, from council notices to quizzes and games. In fact, you name it, and we would hope to provide it.
Remember it is a community website, so the more involvement and input that you - the community - can give us, the better. Join us as a registered user (absolutely free) and you can have your say. So don't be shy in contacting us with absolutely anything at all that you feel would be of interest to anyone else, be it a snippet of news or an upcoming event. Any content ideas you feel would be useful which are not currently there, do let us know.
The various links at the top left of each page will enable you to navigate around the site. Clicking onto the down arrow next to the category will bring up the sub-divisions of that category, so you can click on to what ever takes your fancy. For instance What's on within "News" tab will lead you to events that are current or upcoming, and details of those events will be discovered by clicking on from there. Similarly, the "Community" tab will lead you to information about organisations (charities, educational establishments, clubs and societies etc) within the area.
Broxbourne Council Annual Event
The "Business" section is where you will find directories of (mostly) local businesses and services. (This will take time to build, but in the meantime, if you have had dealings with a local business that you were pleased with, then do let us know, we can contact them and suggest they give themselves a presence on the site.)
To find out what events are upcoming on the calendar, then take a click on "Upcoming Events" at the top of the left-hand column on this page.
As the site develops further, we expect enhancements to be made to all these areas, such that the site will evolve into the first stop for anyone looking for local information.
Please take a little while to navigate around and see where things are, and if you have any thoughts on additions, repositions, or even deletions, do let us know - remember, it's your site!
Keep your eyes open too, for various prize competitions which will be introduced on occasions.
So, if you run or are involved with any local group, charity, club, PTA etc, and you want to get any information of events or fixtures out there to your community, or if you just want to raise a community issue, then all you have to do is join our network, because it's your network too. And it's all totally FREE to register and to use.
Alternatively, please feel free to e-mail us with anything you'd like us to know about.
Oh, and if you need it, here's our local weather from the BBC (though we can't guarantee its accuracy!).