Bhubesi Pride Charity Expedition
|Author: LloydMorganProd||Published: 14th September 2010 16:36|
THE CHARITABLE AFRICAN RUGBY COACHING EXPEDITION
BHUBESI PRIDE’S TRANSAFRIQUE 2011 is a charitable African rugby coaching expedition, whereby a highly qualified multi-national team of eight dedicated coaches will next January drive from Cheltenham to Cape Town over 6 months, making week-long educational visits at 15 schools in ten African countries.
DURING AFRICAN SCHOOL VISITS
- Rugby coaching: A standardised coaching programme will be carried out at all African schools visited.
- Supplementary education: Health and social education will be incorporated into the coaching curriculum.
- Empowering coaches and teachers: A coaching development programme will enable local teachers and coaches to understand, prepare, manage, deliver, develop, adapt and sustain purposeful coaching sessions.
This is an integral part of Bhubesi Pride’s mission. By introducing [and developing] the game of rugby, it is anticipated that through sustained contact and excellent coaching programmes, African teachers and coaches [male and female] can continue to use the sport to unite African children in a constructive and enjoyable way.
- Inspire people here in the UK: Through fundraising and awareness via a wide range of channels; from website, magazine, newspaper and TV exposure, people will be able to see the tangible benefits of the project.
- UK School links: African schools will be given the opportunity to link up with schools in the UK. The programme will be carefully set up to benefit both African and British school children and staff, aimed at: generating an active awareness in British schools, building relationships between pupils and staff in each country and working together on implementing strategies to improve African school facilities and that of the welfare of pupils and staff.
WHY ‘BHUBESI PRIDE’?
‘Bhubesi’ is Zulu for ‘lion’, Africa’s most respected hunting animal and pridemember. It is anticipated that, through the hard work of a committed team (or ‘pride’) of expedition members, Bhubesi Pride’s mission of uniting African youngsters through the game of rugby will prove successful, leaving behind a rugby legacy, and creating long-term sustainable links between schools and communities in the UK, and in Africa.
“Sport has the power to change the world, the power to inspire, the power to unite people in a way that little else can.”