The Truth About Your Holiday Destination
|Published: 17th December 2007 23:05|
When the Christmas decorations have been taken down and the January sales are over, our thoughts tend to turn to summer holidays...
There are a number of websites which enable you to find out what other holidaymakers think of a hotel or destination that you're considering booking.
It makes sense to take a look at one or more of these before you book. You can get a feel for the resort or hotel and will know the kind of questions to ask (or even the type of hotel room to book), but make sure that you bear the following in mind...
- If you're unhappy with something, you'll tell seven people for every one person you'd share the news with if you were happy. So remember, the negative content may well be greater than the positive comments
- Elements such as the month in which someone travelled can have an impact upon the facilities available in the hotel and resort. Check the date travelled when reading comments on these websites
- Adverse weather conditions can greatly affect your enjoyment of a holiday (or anything else for that matter - think walking in the countryside, wedding...). If the website you're looking at allows you to show what the weather was like during your stay, take this into account
- Don't be swayed by the opinion of just one person - look for reviews with many comments to obtain a good overall picture
- If one person out of many mentions an issue but no-one else does, chances are it was a one-off. If it's a recurring theme, take note...
So, now you know what to look out for, here are some sites to look at: