|Author: Annie Simpson||Published: 31st October 2017 12:20|
Towcester HeartBeats - Your Local Heart Support Group
Writing to a AboutMyArea/NN12 Annie Simpson said, "We are a friendly and informal group who meet once a month in Towcester.
"The group aims to support anyone in the Towcester area who has a heart condition, their family members/carers, as well as parents of children and young people with a heart condition.
"We aim to provide a supportive environment in which those attending can share their ‘heart’ experiences/achievements if they wish, as well as their queries/concerns.
We also aim to:
- meet socially, and provide a varied and interesting programme of events/activities throughout the year
- facilitate regular Health Walks
- liaise with local health resources and contribute to health forums/service user groups such as PALs in order to improve NHS care and support for heart patients
- interact with other local Heart Support Groups
- discuss ways to improve life style, regarding ‘healthy choices’
- provide members with current thoughts and literature on heart conditions, treatments and aftercare for cardiac patients
- fund raise in support of the group
- support the British Heart Foundation
Meetings in 2017 (£2 entrance fee for guests):
- 16th November: Speaker -Nurse from the Cardiac Team, Northampton General Hospital Heart Centre – new developments in heart condition treatments, and ‘heart health’.
- 21st December: Christmas Shindig all welcome – if you’re on the Market Square for the Carol singing – come and say ‘hello’!
- For any enquiries, please contact Annie on 07554150870 -annieharris2001@aol/com, or just come along on the night.
- 7th November: 7 – 7.30pm - a Hearty Health walk, starting and ending at the Saracen’s Head Hotel (Archway) with a coffee (or something stronger!) afterwards.
- 11th November – Come and say ‘hello’ to us at the Towcester Frost Fair in the Town Hall