|Published: 30th July 2012 09:55|
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced (optional)
- generous lump of butter
- 1 medium potato, peeled & diced
- large bunch of watercress
- 500ml hot light chicken or vegetable stock
- 200ml milk & extra to thin
- 50ml cream
Sweat the onion in the butter until soft and translucent. Add the garlic after a couple of mins if using.
Add the potato and watercress and a generous pinch of salt. Put the lid on and sweat for 5 mins. Add the stock and milk, then cover and simmer for 10 mins.
Liquidise the soup, then add the cream and reheat gently, thinning with milk to the consistency you want. Season and serve.
Courtesy of http://www.riverfordsacrewell.co.uk/