|Author: Riverford Organics||Published: 12th September 2017 07:05|
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 4 globe artichokes
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 4 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
• 15 salted capers (or 25 capers in vinegar), soaked in cold water for 20 mins, then squeezed dry
• 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
• 2 egg yolks
• Olive oil
- Prepare the artichokes by discarding the outer leaves and the tough stem. Trim the artichokes down, removing the leaves with a sharp knife so that no dark green ones remain, but leaving the pale inner leaves attached.
- Remove the chokes with a melon baller or teaspoon. If the artichokes are young, just trim the stalks, but if they are old and tough, remove them.
- Place the artichokes in a bowl of cold water with the lemon juice added to prevent browning.
- For the stuffing, mix together the breadcrumbs, oil, parsley, capers, Parmesan and egg yolks to obtain a soft mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the cavities of the artichokes with the mixture. Put the artichokes in a shallow saucepan in which they fit tightly.
- Pour in 1cm of olive oil and 1cm of water, then cover and cook on the hob for 30 minutes over a low heat.
- The artichokes are ready when a knife slides through them easily. Serve warm or cold.
Courtesy of http://www.riverford.co.uk/