School Year Ends With Excellent SATS Results For Yardley Gobion Primary School
|Published: 16th July 2012 18:00|
Yardley Gobion C of E Primary School
As the school year ends, Yardley Gobion CE Primary School is pleased to publish the Key Stage 2 (KS2) results. Key Stage 2 tests are taken by the children in Year 6, just prior to them leaving primary school to begin secondary education.
When measured against the national average attainment Yardley Gobion pupils are scoring above the average. The expectation is for the average child in Year 6 to achieve Level 4 in English and Maths.
The results for Yardley Gobion CE Primary School were:-
- 100% of Children achieved at least level 4 or above in English
- 100% of Children achieved at least level 4 or above in Maths
- 80% of the Children achieved Level 5 in English
- 60% of the Children achieved Level 5 in Maths
- Achieving Level 5 is considered to be above average attainment, the national average for Level 5 at KS2 is 38%
This year it was possible to be assessed at Level 6, which is age 13 secondary standard, 30% of the children in Yardley Gobion CE Primary School achieved this level in Writing.
Mrs Carolyn Gleeson the Head Teacher said:-
“It is expected that children progress two levels from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 2. I am delighted to say that every pupil has done just that with many progressing by 3 levels.”
The results were:-
- 100% of pupils progressed 2 levels as expected
- 20% made 3 Levels progress in Reading
- 90% made 3 levels progress in Writing
- 30% made 3 levels progress overall in English (Reading and Writing combined)
- 30% made 3 levels progress in Maths
Mrs Lesley Wolstenholme, Chair of the Governing Body said, “I am delighted with this set of results that I can only describe as outstanding. I wish to thank the teachers and all the staff, Mrs Gleeson the Head Teacher and all the pupils and their parents for their hard work and dedication throughout the year. We wish all our pupils who are moving on to secondary school the very best for the future.”