|Author: EmmaEnvision||Published: 22nd May 2012 14:30|
Want to do something exciting and rewarding? Are you energetic and enthusiastic? Are you interested in working with young people? Do you want to make a positive difference? Do you want to be inspired?
Envision is looking for dynamic volunteers to help support and inspire 16-19 year olds in schools and colleges in Birmingham. The Envision programme aims to challenge the perception that young people are apathetic and disengaged by supporting them to design and implement their own social and environmental projects on issues that are important to them - such as homelessness, climate change, crime, bullying and healthy eating.
We need enthusiastic volunteers who can really help young people to make a positive difference to their community and themselves - by developing their skills, awareness, confidence and motivation.
Envision provides all the training and support you need - all you have to do is give us 2 hours a week between September and April. Sound interesting?
What do Envision Team Mentors do?
• Envision Team Mentors work directly with a team of young people in schools or colleges to support them to make a difference on an issue they care about.
• Use their enthusiasm for working with young people to facilitate weekly meetings with an assigned team at a school or college.
• Motivate and inspire their teams to discuss and debate issues and to turn their ideas into action.
We're looking for people who:
• Have a keen interest in working with young people.
• Must be enthusiastic and willing to get stuck-in.
• Are confident and can work use their own initiative.
• Can give a commitment to work with their school team from September- April.
• Must be free for two hours each week.
• Must be willing to travel up to forty minutes to get to a school or college.
• Experience of working with 16-19 year olds.
• An interest in social and/or environmental issues.
• Links with organisations and charities.
• Facilitation skills.
• Experience of project or event planning.
What do we offer you?
• On-going support
• Access to training and resources for you and your team
• A host of new friends
• Invites to Envision's events (always a LOT of fun!)
"It was very rewarding to see what they could achieve in such a short space of time and to be part of the whole process. I developed my knowledge of environmental issues, social issues and more pressingly, the issues faced by young people in 21st century."
Daniel Smith, Envision volunteer
If you are interested in finding out more visit http://envision.org.uk/volunteers/signup or email email@example.com