Children’s Hospice South West Countdown to Bluebell Walk
|Author: Bryony McDonald||Published: 27th April 2011 10:03|
Kate Middleton will have her ‘something blue', why don't you sign up for your ‘something blue' too!
Well the Royal wedding is upon us, and thoughts turn to the old adage something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. We are especially excited about our something Blue as the countdown is on to our Bluebell Walk!
Pointing the way: Louisa, Hazel and Amber
Children's Hospice South West's new sponsored Bluebell Walk is a walk for all the family through the beautiful bluebell woods and countryside around Charlton Farm near Bristol on May 15th 2011.
Suitable for all ages with three different length walks to choose from, this event offers a great day out for seasoned walkers and family groups alike and if the weather stays like this it will be the perfect day out!
Now with our bank holiday weekend half price registration, you can join us for a family day out for just £15!
Choose from one of three routes -
- a one mile walk (easy, wheelchair friendly),
- a three mile walk (intermediate, through the bluebell woods) and
- a six mile walk (a more challenging walk through the woods and part of the Tyntesfield Estate, by kind permission of the National Trust)
Walkers may begin their walk at any time between 9.30am and 11.00am and everyone is welcome to enjoy a complimentary tea, coffee or squash and our country-style market after the walk!
Karen Edgington, head of fundraising at Charlton Farm said: "The bluebell woods by our hospice in Wraxall have long been loved by the families who visit us and we would love to welcome your family to join us for a great day out and the opportunity to raise vital funds for the families we support at the hospice.
"Our half price offer means a family of 2 adults and 2 children can participate for just £15, all you have to do is raise your sponsorship, come along and don't forget your picnic!"
"The walk lengths offer something for everyone, from seasoned walkers to those with a young family who would just like a leisurely day out. We are so grateful to the Rotary Club of Bristol Severnside who generously volunteer their time to help organise and marshal the walks"
Special half price weekend
From 5pm on Thursday 28th to 10am Tuesday 3rd May Entry is half price! Just £5 for adults, £2.50 for children and dogs are free!
The registration fee covers the cost of your participation, as well as your fundraising pack, Bluebell Walk mug and drink after the walk. We ask that you try to raise as much sponsorship as possible and enjoy a lovely day out!
To register visit www.chsw.org.uk/bluebell or call 01275 866600
- CHSW is the only organisation in the South West providing hospice care to life-limited children and their families, in a hospice environment, from across the South West; from South Gloucester, Bristol, Somerset, Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- CHSW is now in the process of raising funds through the Precious Lives Appeal to build a third children's hospice, in Cornwall, called Little Harbour which is due to open in 2011.