• Bookmark this page

The Best Guide for the NN12 Area

NN12 news, reviews and local events in NN12 areas including Towcester, Silverstone, Whittlebury, and communities in NN12.

Calendar of
Upcoming Events
Silverstone Park


"I was pointed in the direction of the website, and my first thought was 'not another flash-in-the-pan idea that will be full of spam, irrelevent adverts etc'. How wrong I was!"
- Oliver T

Easy Access

Do You Need A Licence For Your Summer Event?

Published: 20th June 2012 14:41

Do you need a licence for your event this summer?Do you need a licence for your event this summer?

Organisers of events this summer that involve sales of alcohol, regulated entertainment (music, singing, dancing, plays, film) or late-night refreshments (hot food and drink between 11pm and 5am) will need to apply to South Northamptonshire Council (SNC) for a temporary event notice (TEN).

An application must be received by the licensing authority, SNC, a minimum of 10 working days before the event at a cost of £21.  A copy of the application must also be sent to Northamptonshire Police.

For people planning an event that requires a TEN during the British Grand Prix which takes place at Silverstone on Friday, 6 July to Sunday, 8 July, the last dates for applications are:

  • Thursday, 21 June for an event on Friday, 6 July
  • Friday 22 June for an event on Saturday, 7 July or Sunday, 8 July.

If these deadlines are missed, then a submission for a late TEN can be made, the last dates being:

  • Thursday 28 June for an event on Friday, 6 July
  • Friday 29 June for an event on Saturday, 7 July or Sunday, 8 July.

Councillor Dermot Bambridge, portfolio holder for environmental services, said: "If you are planning an activity that requires a TEN, please make sure you apply in time and avoid the risk of having to cancel it at the last moment. 

“The British Grand Prix is next month so you need to act swiftly if your activity relates to it.  If you are not sure if you need a TEN or need help applying please call our licensing team on 01327 322117.  They will be happy to help you."

Application forms can be obtained from the licensing team who can be contacted by telephone 01327 322117 or email licensing@southnorthants.gov.uk, or applications can be made online at www.southnorthants.gov.uk. Forms can also be collected from our offices in Springfields, Towcester.


Bookmark and Share

Report this article as inappropriate


You need to log in before you can do that! It's only a quick registration process to join the AMA network and completely free.

Sign in or join now to post a comment
Find a Local Business
Back to Top
© Copyright 2005-2018 AboutMyArea

AboutMyArea Privacy Policy

NN12: NN12 Home | News | Community | Business Directory | Villages | Charities | Recipes | Article Archive | Contact Us
AboutMyArea: Home | Site Map | Contact AboutMyArea | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | Business Opportunity | Help

About Cookies