Welcome to AboutMyArea, the local community website for Broxbourne, Wormley, Wormley West End, Turnford, and surrounding areas
Are you a Wise Man or a Donkey; a Turkey or a Little Star?
In aid of the Mildmay charity, each Christmas time in a little town in Hertfordshire, a couple of sadists produce a quiz with which to torture the unsuspecting populace. Are you TOUGH ENOUGH to participate? Read on.....
- How to make sure your relationship survives the festive season Published: 19-12-2014 12:17
- Arlene Phillips on Strictly! Published: 18-12-2014 16:15
- Chocolate Chestnut Orange Christmas Cake Published: 18-12-2014 15:50
- Charley Boorman’s Survival Guide to Christmas Published: 18-12-2014 15:08
- Pokémon- Got to catch them all! Published: 18-12-2014 14:21
- How to dress stylishly at any age Published: 18-12-2014 13:45
- Christmas holidays activities at Council leisure centres Published: 18-12-2014 09:52
- Council sponsors second edition of Give Your Town the Run Around Published: 17-12-2014 10:20
- Council’s Community Toilet Scheme expands to Cheshunt Published: 17-12-2014 09:58
- Festive School Carol Concert at Broxbourne Civic Hall Published: 12-12-2014 13:57
- Company fined £30k for allowing its waste to be dumped illegally Published: 05-12-2014 09:58
- Residents urged to 'look before they book' this Christmas Published: 05-12-2014 09:40
- Festive Fun for Children at Christmas Kidz Klub Published: 05-12-2014 09:27
- Festive Cup at Cheshunt Park Golf Centre Published: 05-12-2014 09:12
- Broxbourne Borough Council wins Gold Award Published: 02-12-2014 08:47
- Broxbourne Council Supports Food Bank Published: 26-11-2014 11:39
- Working to support the blind and partially sighted Published: 24-11-2014 18:54
- White Ribbon Day, 25 November 2014 – Raising awareness of domestic abuse Published: 24-11-2014 18:38
- Council clamps down on fly-tipping Published: 18-11-2014 13:16
- Waltham Abbey Wool Show - Sun 19th January 2014 Comments: 1 Latest: 24-06-2014 11:01
- Hoddesdon Home & Leisure Show 2013 Comments: 2 Latest: 04-09-2013 12:21
- Yet ANOTHER Phone Scam Comments: 3 Latest: 23-06-2011 19:31
- Wormley youngster Adam Chipperfield tells the Mayor of his good idea Comments: 1 Latest: 17-03-2011 16:36
- Ticks on the increase.... Comments: 1 Latest: 18-05-2010 14:03
Hello, and welcome to your new interactive website covering the localities of Broxbourne, Wormley, Turnford, and surrounding areas. Please bear with us while we build up the content on the site or even better help us! Contact us to find out more about how you can get involved.
Our aim is to ultimately provide everything you might want from a community website; from news to chat, from chemists' late night opening to cinema listings, from council notices to quizzes and games. In fact, you name it, and we would hope to provide it.
Remember it is a community website, so the more involvement and input that you - the community - can give us, the better. Join us as a registered user (absolutely free) and you can have your say. So don't be shy in contacting us with absolutely anything at all that you feel would be of interest to anyone else, be it a snippet of news or an upcoming event. Any content ideas you feel would be useful which are not currently there, do let us know.
<<-- Projected Olympic Site
The various links at the top left of each page will enable you to navigate around the site. Clicking onto the down arrow next to the category will bring up the sub-divisions of that category, so you can click on to what ever takes your fancy. For instance What's on within "News" tab will lead you to events that are current or upcoming, and details of those events will be discovered by clicking on from there. Similarly, the "Community" tab will lead you to information about organisations (charities, educational establishments, clubs and societies etc) within the area.
Council Annual Event at the Council Offices
The "Business" section is where where you will find directories of (mostly) local businesses and services. (This will take time to build, but in the meantime, if you have had dealings with a local business that you were pleased with, then do let us know, we can contact them and suggest they give themselves a presence on the site.)
To find out what events are upcoming on the calendar, then take a click on "Upcoming Events" at the top of the left-hand column of each page.
As the site develops further, we expect enhancements to be made to all these areas, such that the site will evolve into the first stop for anyone looking for local information.
Please take a little while to navigate around and see where things are, and if you have any thoughts on additions, repositions, or even deletions, do let us know - remember, it's your site!
Keep your eyes open too, for various prize competitions which will be introduced on occasions.
So, if you run or are involved with any local group, charity, club, PTA etc, and you want to get any information of events or fixtures out there to your community, or if you just want to raise a community issue, then all you have to do is join our network, because it's your network too. And it's all totally FREE to register and to use.
Alternatively, please feel free to e-mail us with anything you'd like us to know about.
Oh, and if you need it, here's our local weather from the BBC (though we can't guarantee its accuracy!).