Welcome to the Poole Community Website
A new book in the bestselling I Before E series, 'I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud...and Other Poems You Half-Remember from School', revisits all the nation's favourite poems. It is published on National Poetry Day - October 8th.
- Hamworthy Heating appeals for ‘memories’ as centenary approaches Published: 17-04-2014 16:58
- Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital holds free ‘all you need to know about cosmetic surgery’ open event April 22 at 6:30pm Published: 17-04-2014 16:51
- New site acquired by Churchill Retirement Living in Ringwood Published: 17-04-2014 13:02
- Age UK named Churchill Retirement Living’s Charity of the Year Age UK, the leading Charity for older people, has been named Churchill Retirement Living’s Charity of the Year Published: 16-04-2014 16:40
- ‘Egg-citing’ Easter events at Churchill Retirement Living Published: 16-04-2014 16:28
- Paloma Faith, Level 42 and Peter Andre confirmed for Wave 105 Live! Published: 15-04-2014 10:16
- Jane Stichbury ‘pricked' as The High Sheriff for Dorset 2014/15 Published: 14-04-2014 14:00
- Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital reports: “Over 55,000 in Poole and Bournemouth are clinically obese” Published: 14-04-2014 12:18
- Dolphin Shopping Centre goes crazy for golf Published: 11-04-2014 15:11
- Pre-school Easter bonnet celebrations parade through Churchill Retirement Living’s Summerson Lodge Published: 10-04-2014 15:17
- Easter Sunday Service Published: 10-04-2014 12:49
- Shopping centre employee is ACE Published: 10-04-2014 10:40
- GF Electrical responds to reports that energy complaints have tripled in the first quarter of 2014 Published: 09-04-2014 16:53
- Award-winning Furleigh Estate provides wine for the ‘Worst Wedding Ever’ Published: 09-04-2014 14:52
- PHC introduces kite surf permit in Poole Harbour Published: 09-04-2014 12:44
- Pixie Lott is first act to be confirmed for Wave 105 Live! Published: 09-04-2014 12:42
- Some of the best music and theatre productions to be screened at ODEON Dorchester this month Published: 09-04-2014 10:52
- Humphries Kirk sponsors Dorset Art Weeks for fifth biennial event Published: 07-04-2014 16:05
- Stuart Wischhusen’s top five tips for budding entrepreneurs Published: 04-04-2014 14:27
- Navitus Bay formalises commitment to working with local ports Published: 02-04-2014 11:32
- Defeat dizziness during National Balance Awareness Week Comments: 1 Latest: 18-09-2013 17:33
- Which firm will be KPMG Company of the Year in the 2010 Dorset Business Awards? Comments: 1 Latest: 13-06-2012 04:30
- Hamside Residents Association Comments: 1 Latest: 05-11-2011 15:09
- Community News Comments: 2 Latest: 07-11-2009 19:00
- Useful information Comments: 1 Latest: 03-09-2009 19:22
- Hamworthy Matters Home Page Comments: 2 Latest: 06-03-2009 10:42
- FREE Advertising with AboutMyArea Comments: 2 Latest: 20-02-2009 21:03
- New Developments Comments: 2 Latest: 16-02-2009 20:59
- Email Do's & Dont's Comments: 1 Latest: 31-08-2008 21:04
- Trailer Photos Comments: 3 Latest: 20-08-2008 10:32
- Tuna Mediterranean Salad Comments: 1 Latest: 20-08-2008 10:31
- Succulent Chicken with Orange & Ginger Comments: 1 Latest: 20-08-2008 10:27
- Who influences our mood? Comments: 1 Latest: 20-08-2008 10:23
The prime purpose of the Poole community website is a gateway to information on the local area in order to promote the interests of the residents of Poole in all aspects of their lives. It is also intended to encourage visitors to visit our beautiful town by providing a small taste of the facilities and attractions we have to offer.
A secondary aim is to help users of the Internet find their way around local information efficiently without having to spend lots of time wading through large search results from the search engines.
Poole offers a vibrant mixture of rich historical heritage and culture combined with a cosmopolitan image that is growing every day. The town is home to many unique shops and Dorset's largest indoor shopping centre.
Poole Quay has an atmosphere like no other, with a large selection of bistros, restaurants and traditional pubs lining the historical quayside, the perfect atmosphere for relaxing and taking in the scenery.
To find out more about the Poole community website, see below how YOU can contribute and benefit from the opportunities available.
Local News for Poole -All the latest news for Poole and the Surrounding Areas
Local News - Constantly being updated to provide you with the up to date new and information!
Just by joining the site you will be able to comment on the articles. Become a contributor and add articles, reviews, photos, advice or anything thing that you feel our community would benefit from. Click here to apply - it's free and fun, become more involved with our community and start networking.
Poole Community Website - Central point for all things local
With the Community Networking, you have the opportunity to contribute directly to the site, making it count.
Want to add content to the site, register NOW to become a contributor for the site, FREE coaching and support throughout from Steve, your local site editor.
What's On -Want help to publicise your event, use our on-line events calendar or contribute to the site YOURSELF.
Tell us about your event and we'll include it in our "What's on" and calendar. We can even cover the event in our local news section. Send us the details (including pictures) for us to publish, or become a contributor and create your own online presence.
Clubs, Organisations & Charities
Take advantage of the site, promote yourself, attract new members, inform more people
List your information free of charge. Email Steve, Poole site editor with details or sign up to Community Networking and you can have your own space on the site to keep the community in touch with your activities.
Attract more business with affordable advertising targeting local customers throughout the year
Reach your local community with affordable advertising and free editorials throughout the year! We can tailor the right package for your business. Everything from a directory listing through to your own SmartSite - we'll even design it for you! Email Steve - Poole Site Editor for more details.
Got an idea for the site - Want to share your views and ideas, let me know.
What would you like to see on the Poole website?
Do you know about any local information that needs adding?
Is there anything specific you feel that is missing?
Email Steve, Poole Community Site Editor with details
AboutMyArea - the local interactive website
We strongly support Local Business and services
in Poole and the Surrounding Areas
A member of Buy Dorset
Use them or lose them
A guide to Poole
By the community for the community, finding out What's on in our community, supporting local events, projects, initiatives to help improve community life. Find information in the calendar, local news, review and features, articles relating to Poole, Parkstone, Hamworthy and the surrounding areas, what's on at the local cinema and theatres, live music, restaurants, leisure centres, sports clubs, pubs and cafes, discovering Poole, places to visit, places to stay from local hotels, Bed & Breakfast, things to do and visit, charity events, announcements, competitions and prizes, family fun, computer tips, people and organisations serving the community, Buy, Sell or swap your unwanted items for free. Advertise a vacant job, or have you specific skills to promote, are you looking for a job, pets and animals, property to sell or rent, planning a wedding, look at our tailored section from attire to wedding honeymoon, holidays, places to stay, local gyms, swimming pools, staying fit and healthy. Become a contributor or sub-editor for the site; share your opinions and views, businesses to promote their products and services, all this and so much more.