Welcome to the Poole Community Website
- The finalists of the Dorset Business Awards are announced Published: 17-10-2017 15:51
- Humphries Kirk supports the Purbeck Film Festival Published: 17-10-2017 15:44
- Let the celebrations be-gin with Pothecary Published: 17-10-2017 14:30
- New academy launched by celebrity hairdresser at Bournemouth & Poole College Published: 17-10-2017 14:00
- Spook-tastic soft play fun for pre-schoolers at Dolphin Shopping Centre’s Little Fins Published: 17-10-2017 12:07
- Haskins Garden Centre in Roundstone supports sensory room project at St. Andrew's High School Published: 16-10-2017 12:42
- Seventa Events raise a glass at the Dorset Business Awards Published: 11-10-2017 17:09
- Twenty new jobs to be created at ODEON Bournemouth BH2 Published: 11-10-2017 15:24
- Dolphin Shopping Centre helps Lewis-Manning Hospice raise £2000 following ‘Time to Remember Walk’ Published: 11-10-2017 14:55
- Hunting spooks at Brewery Square Published: 11-10-2017 12:09
- Superior wins at the South West National Apprenticeship Awards 2017 Published: 06-10-2017 17:24
- Humphries Kirk assists the sale of Design Bridge to WPP Published: 05-10-2017 15:36
- Weird Fish launches its autumn winter 2017 clothing range Published: 05-10-2017 14:41
- Talbot Village Trust helps spread awareness of YMCA Bournemouth Published: 04-10-2017 16:56
- Haskins Garden Centre in Snowhill donates daffodil bulbs to COG Lions Club for the garden at St. Catherine’s Hospice Published: 04-10-2017 14:15
- Explore the Spooky Seas of the south this Halloween Published: 03-10-2017 17:28
- Weird Fish shortlisted for annual Drapers Awards 2017 Published: 03-10-2017 14:21
- Humphries Kirk to take part in Free Wills Month in October to benefit charities Published: 29-09-2017 12:41
- Talbot Village Trust funds transforming extension Published: 28-09-2017 16:10
- Humphries Kirk to offer free Wills to Dorset Wildlife Trust members throughout October Published: 28-09-2017 15:55
- Defeat dizziness during National Balance Awareness Week Comments: 1 Latest: 18-09-2013 17:33
- Which firm will be KPMG Company of the Year in the 2010 Dorset Business Awards? Comments: 1 Latest: 13-06-2012 04:30
- Hamside Residents Association Comments: 1 Latest: 05-11-2011 15:09
- Community News Comments: 2 Latest: 07-11-2009 19:00
- Useful information Comments: 1 Latest: 03-09-2009 19:22
- Hamworthy Matters Home Page Comments: 2 Latest: 06-03-2009 10:42
- FREE Advertising with AboutMyArea Comments: 2 Latest: 20-02-2009 21:03
- New Developments Comments: 2 Latest: 16-02-2009 20:59
- Email Do's & Dont's Comments: 1 Latest: 31-08-2008 21:04
- Trailer Photos Comments: 3 Latest: 20-08-2008 10:32
- Tuna Mediterranean Salad Comments: 1 Latest: 20-08-2008 10:31
- Succulent Chicken with Orange & Ginger Comments: 1 Latest: 20-08-2008 10:27
- Who influences our mood? Comments: 1 Latest: 20-08-2008 10:23
The prime purpose of the Poole community website is a gateway to information on the local area in order to promote the interests of the residents of Poole in all aspects of their lives. It is also intended to encourage visitors to visit our beautiful town by providing a small taste of the facilities and attractions we have to offer.
A secondary aim is to help users of the Internet find their way around local information efficiently without having to spend lots of time wading through large search results from the search engines.
Poole offers a vibrant mixture of rich historical heritage and culture combined with a cosmopolitan image that is growing every day. The town is home to many unique shops and Dorset's largest indoor shopping centre.
Poole Quay has an atmosphere like no other, with a large selection of bistros, restaurants and traditional pubs lining the historical quayside, the perfect atmosphere for relaxing and taking in the scenery.
To find out more about the Poole community website, see below how YOU can contribute and benefit from the opportunities available.
Local News for Poole -All the latest news for Poole and the Surrounding Areas
Local News - Constantly being updated to provide you with the up to date new and information!
Just by joining the site you will be able to comment on the articles. Become a contributor and add articles, reviews, photos, advice or anything thing that you feel our community would benefit from. Click here to apply - it's free and fun, become more involved with our community and start networking.
Poole Community Website - Central point for all things local
With the Community Networking, you have the opportunity to contribute directly to the site, making it count.
Want to add content to the site, register NOW to become a contributor for the site, FREE coaching and support throughout from Steve, your local site editor.
What's On -Want help to publicise your event, use our on-line events calendar or contribute to the site YOURSELF.
Tell us about your event and we'll include it in our "What's on" and calendar. We can even cover the event in our local news section. Send us the details (including pictures) for us to publish, or become a contributor and create your own online presence.
Clubs, Organisations & Charities
Take advantage of the site, promote yourself, attract new members, inform more people
List your information free of charge. Email Steve, Poole site editor with details or sign up to Community Networking and you can have your own space on the site to keep the community in touch with your activities.
Attract more business with affordable advertising targeting local customers throughout the year
Reach your local community with affordable advertising and free editorials throughout the year! We can tailor the right package for your business. Everything from a directory listing through to your own SmartSite - we'll even design it for you! Email Steve - Poole Site Editor for more details.
Got an idea for the site - Want to share your views and ideas, let me know.
What would you like to see on the Poole website?
Do you know about any local information that needs adding?
Is there anything specific you feel that is missing?
Email Steve, Poole Community Site Editor with details
AboutMyArea - the local interactive website
We strongly support Local Business and services
in Poole and the Surrounding Areas
A member of Buy Dorset
Use them or lose them
A guide to Poole
By the community for the community, finding out What's on in our community, supporting local events, projects, initiatives to help improve community life. Find information in the calendar, local news, review and features, articles relating to Poole, Parkstone, Hamworthy and the surrounding areas, what's on at the local cinema and theatres, live music, restaurants, leisure centres, sports clubs, pubs and cafes, discovering Poole, places to visit, places to stay from local hotels, Bed & Breakfast, things to do and visit, charity events, announcements, competitions and prizes, family fun, computer tips, people and organisations serving the community, Buy, Sell or swap your unwanted items for free. Advertise a vacant job, or have you specific skills to promote, are you looking for a job, pets and animals, property to sell or rent, planning a wedding, look at our tailored section from attire to wedding honeymoon, holidays, places to stay, local gyms, swimming pools, staying fit and healthy. Become a contributor or sub-editor for the site; share your opinions and views, businesses to promote their products and services, all this and so much more.