Neston Ladies Day Heritage Project - Latest
|Published: 12th March 2014 08:52|
Ladies Club - Liverpool Road, 1911. Photo courtesy of Andy Williams
- The project's dedicated website has gone live: www.nestonladiesday2014.co.uk. Visit to find out about the various elements of the project and who is sponsoring and supporting it.
- Project co-ordinators from Hip & Harmony CIC, Paula Prytherch and Carrie Spacey, were invited on to the Sean Styles show on BBC Radio Merseyside to talk about the project. You can listen to it here, available until Tuesday 18 March - the interview is about 1 hour and 10 minutes into the broadcast.
- Neston Town Council's Society & Culture Committee approved a grant of £5000 to support the Project. Their contribution, along with grants from Cheshire West and Chester Council and Councillors' Member's Budgets, make it possible for the Heritage Project to go ahead and for the community to be involved.
- Sponsorship space in the Commemorative Brochure sold out within 48 hours thanks to the generosity of local businesses: Carson Print; Constables; Cubbins & Sons; Lucy Brooks Chartered Certified Accountant; MGC Solicitors; Neston Chiropody & Podiatry, Phillip Bates & Co Ltd and Phillip Bates Financial Services Ltd and Wilde & Co. There is still the opportunity for local businesses to have their logos featured on the 'Wall of Fame' on the website - email email@example.com for more details.
- The first Heritage Project Research Workshop has taken place at Neston Library, bringing together people who are interested in researching the long history of Neston Female Society and Ladies Day. The next planning session will be on Thursday March 20, 11am to 12.30pm at the Library. Ultimately, this will lead to the installation of a pop-up museum to go on display in June.
Everyone is invited to go along to Neston Library on the afternoons of Saturday March 29 and Saturday April 5 from 1pm to 4pm, bringing your photos, memorabilia and memories of Ladies (Club) Day. If you have artifacts for the museum, these will be kept very safely in a locked cabinet and returned to you after the exhibition. Or if you prefer, we can photograph and/or scan items while you wait. All items/photos/stories gratefully received!
If you are interested in taking part in the Research Project, but were unable to attend the first Workshop, please contact Susannah Hill at Neston Library - she will keep you informed as to how you can be involved: Contact by tel 0151 337 4670 or by email, reference: 200 - Neston Ladies Day Heritage Project.
The '200 - Neston Ladies Day Heritage Project' is being co-ordinated by Hip & Harmony CIC and brings together a number of community organisations. Partners include Neston Female Society, Neston Town Council, Cheshire West and Chester Council, CAN Group, Neston Players, Neston Library and AboutMyArea Neston.
If you have any photographs, memorabilia or memories to share, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - we would love to hear from you.