Manley Mere - An Excellent Adventure
|Published: 5th July 2008 18:19|
For good old-fashioned fun in a lovely environment, Manley Mere is a top day out for all the family
The trail follows the twists and turns of a stream running through woodland, presenting obstacles and challenges along the way.
For the benefit of the less fit or able, or those with pushchairs etc, there is an "easy" path to follow, that allows you to still keep an eye on the kids who will naturally gravitate to the more challenging route. They will be swinging over muddy ponds (and sometimes deliberately dropping into them!), climbing over, under and through all sorts of bridges, tunnels and apparatus.
The challenges have been designed to blend in with the lovely surroundings, and where possible have been constructed using old agricultural equipment and recycled materials.
You can go round as many times as you like, often finding things you didn't come across last time due to the paths winding away in different directions. At the end, there are changing rooms and a cold water hose to wash the mud off.
As our pictures below will attest, kids absolutely love this kind of activity, and would happily go there every day of the holidays if allowed!
The location also boasts the excellent Chameleon Bar/Restaurant, where you can relax with a drink, snack, full meal or ice-cream after the day's exertions.
Full details of entry charges, location etc are below our photos.
- Manley Mere Adventure Trail is open every day, Apr 1 - Oct 31, 10am - 6pm.
- Off season opening times:
School holidays - Daily 10 - 5, Nov 1 - Mar 31 - Closed Tue/Wed. Alternate opening hours can be arranged - call us.
- The trail is suitable for children of all ages - from 1yr to 100 year olds.
- Dogs are welcome - just keep them on a lead & clear up after them.
- Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult.
- £4.50 per person per day - trail entrance, £2.00 car parking per day.
Plase pay at the shop BEFORE you start. Eveyone pays except under 4's.
- The trail is about 1 1/2 miles long. Tickets are valid all day. There is no set route - discovering hidden things is part of the fun!
- You will need:
Wellies, comfortable walking shoes or boots.
Old clothes - mud guaranteed (a change of clothes & towel is advisable)
Warm jacket if it's cold or sun hat if it's hot.
When you visit, please mention that you found out about Manley Mere on AboutMyArea. Thank you.