News from Bridging Communities
|Author: Steven Shaw||Published: 30th July 2009 22:47|
Hi all, I know you've all heard loads about the Living Histories Project but here's a gentle reminder as we will be stopping collecting the stories in September as we have to begin to collate the material and put the exhibition together. So if you've got a story to tell this might be you last chance so ring me so that we can arrange to record your story for posterity!
Perhaps you were aware of the Parkstone Passion Play earlier in the year? Maybe you went to Parkstone United Reformed Church and St Peter's to see it? Or maybe you saw some of the cast dressed up at the Good Friday Service of Witness? It was such a success that the group are now hoping to move to the town centre for next year's performance, so that it can grow even bigger and better.
So we need all sorts of volunteers to do all sorts of things to help us, thing such as:
- ▫ General helpers, to serve refreshments and care for our children and young people
- ▫ Actors, members of the crowd scenes, musicians,
- ▫ Video and photographic staff
- ▫ Administrators, and front of house staff (Programmes, bookings and publicity).
- ▫ Stage management (building sets, and control of props)
- ▫ Production staff, directing assistants
- ▫ Costume designers and assistants
It would great if you felt able to to be one of those volunteers, who knows you may even enjoy it!
And of course another quick reminder to bring your children or grandchildren along to the next Fun4Kids Spots in the middle of Poole High St., in the area near Chapel Lane and Hill St between 11.00am-3.00pm. on the 5th of August, we hope to see you there!
If you want to ask anything about any of these events or projects, please don't hesitate to give me a ring on 07908110121, best wishes Alison Dalton, Church Related Community Worker with Bridging Communities.