Halloween Pumpkin Pie Recipe
|Author: AboutMyArea EN9||Published: 27th October 2017 16:36|
Why not try our pumpkin pie recipe for your Halloween party
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Ingredients for the Shortcrust Pastry:
225g Plain Flour
15ml Cold Water
Pinch of Salt
1) Sift the flour and salt together into a bowl
2) Add the fats slowly, in little cubes, and rub in with the flour until the mixture looks like bread crumbs
3) Gradually add the cold water to the mixture. Mix in the water with a flat knife until the dough is soft. You may not need all the water.
4) Remove dough from the bowl and knead until smooth. Allow dough to rest in the fridge for 10-15mins before rolling for use.
Ingredients for the Filling:
450g Pumpkin flesh, diced into small cubes
75g Brown Sugar
2 Large eggs
1 Yolk of a third egg
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp of allspice, nutmeg, cloves and ginger
275ml double cream
1) Pre-heat oven to 180c or Gas Mark 4.
2) Roll out short crust pastry to fill a baking tin roughly 3cm deep and 23cm in diameter.
3) Steam the pumpkin flesh until soft. Place in a sieve and push down to remove any excess water.
4) Whisk together the two eggs. Add the yolk from the 3rd egg and blend together.
5) Simmer the cream, sugar and spices, ensure it has all mixed together and add to the eggs.
6) Whisk the eggs and spices together and add the pumpkin flesh. Whisk together again.
7) Pour the mixture into your short crust pastry case and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. The pastry should have puffed up and the centre should still be soft
8) Allow to cool and serve with your favourite sweet treat, e.g. custard or ice cream
Please check out the other recipes and food related articles in this section - Waltham Abbey Loves Food!