Herts Young Homeless
|Published: 20th March 2015 14:14|
At Herts Young Homeless (hyh), we believe that every person deserves a safe warm home. We are committed to making a real difference to the lives of young people aged 16 - 24 in Hertfordshire who are homeless or threatened with homelessness and have helped around 2500 people in the last year.
hyh is an independent charity that supports vulnerable people in Hertfordshire. With offices throughout Herts, hyh's mission is to prevent homelessness by empowering individuals to make positive informed choices and to support young people and their families, those in crisis, and individuals at risk of becoming homeless. We see around 2500 people a year who are in housing need and we work tirelessly to help them secure appropriate accommodation and get the support they need to enable them to fulfil their potential in life.
hyh is comprised of:
- Crashpad (an emergency accommodation scheme)
- a longer term Floating Support service
- Mediation services for young people and their families
- an Education team that prepares young people for the realities of leaving home
- an hyh Health team that support people of all ages at risk of homelessness with mental health and/or substance misuse problems
- an Advice and Information service
We also give valuable support to groups with specific needs, such as care leavers, young offenders, those with mental health issues and people recovering from drug and alcohol abuse. We want to make sure they have a firm base for a brighter future.
If you would like to know more about hyh and the work that they do please visit their website at www.hyh.org.uk.