Appeal Following Spate of Criminal Damage to Cars in Hitchin
|Published: 27th September 2017 12:55|
Officers are appealing for information and witnesses following a spate of criminal damage to motor vehicle wing mirrors in Hitchin.
The offences occurred between Friday 8 September 8 and Thursday 14 September.
The following vehicles were damaged:
- A blue Vauxhall Astra on Brampton Park Road - on two occasions between 6pm on Friday, September 8 and 9am on Monday, September 11 (crime reference number G1/17/2802)
- A blue Nissan Micra on Greenfield Avenue, Icklefield - between 5.24pm and 5.30pm on Tuesday, September 12 (crime reference number G1/17/2809)
- A black Ford Focus on Brampton Park Road - between 2pm on Friday, September 8 and 7am on Sunday, September 10 (crime reference number G1/17/2810)
- A blue Nissan Micra at the Leon Howman Cars showroom on Queen Street - between 6pm and 9pm on Wednesday, September 13 (crime reference number G1/17/2817)
- A red Mazda on Oughton Head Way - between 2pm on Monday, September 11 and 8am on Thursday, September 14 (crime reference number G1/17/2818)
PC Anthony Fletcher, who is investigating, said: "I am appealing for witnesses who may have seen any suspicious activity in the area between the times stated to get in touch.
"I would urge motorists to fold the wing mirrors in when their vehicle is not in use to help prevent similar damage being caused to your vehicle."
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Fletcher via the Hertfordshire Constabulary non-emergency number 101, quoting the relevant crime reference number or report information online at www.contacthertspolice.uk/Report/Crime.
Alternatively, contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will not go to court.