Get Fit, Have Fun!
|Author: DavidM||Published: 18th January 2011 21:48|
New Sports ClubManchester & District Orienteering Club
A well established club with members of all (well most!) ages from 4 to 80, who keep fit by running around parks, open hillsides and even town centres - following a course using a map.
People orienteer for many reasons. Some do it purely for a bit of exercise a few times a year, the dedicated sport runners go out all year and in all weathers across this country and abroad.
The club covers the whole of Greater Manchester but draws most of it's membership from the South Manchester area.
What is Get Fit, Have Fun ??
- It is a NEW regular club night, based at Hazel Grove Target Life Centre, Jacksons Lane, Hazel Grove
- Qualified orienteering coaches will lead the sessions and teach map reading skills in a fun way
- Sessions are designed so you can do as much or little as you like but still learn the skills
- No 2 weeks will be the same - beats the boredom of the gym!
Who is it for?
- All ages are welcome
- Anyone who wants a bit of variety in their sport
- Anyone who wants to take up something new - and improve fitness in the process
- Great for families but adults be prepared to be outrun by the juniors!
When is it? / Other details
- Every Monday night, 6.30-8.00 pm
- No special equipment needed - leisure clothes are ideal
- Juniors £1.50, Seniors £2.50, Families £5 per session