Andrea Leadsom MP is looking for a Constituency Office Manager
|Author: Andrea Leadsom||Published: 12th March 2018 14:48|
Rt Hon Andrea Leadsom MP (South Northamptonshire) is looking for a part-time (25-30 hours per week) Constituency Office Manager to join her team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the constituency office and leading on Andrea’s community engagement projects. The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be community-minded and personable. As the named security contact, the candidate should be able to get to Towcester within 20 minutes.
The position is suitable for someone who can work on a wide range of priorities, has excellent interpersonal skills and is proactive in their approach to work.
- Liaise with community groups, schools, charities, businesses and the general public on the Member’s behalf as necessary
- Ensure a range of efficient secretarial and administrative support, to include advice surgery bookings, PMQ tickets and Parliamentary tours
- Ensure the office is fully equipped and is kept secure
- Manage internship programme and work experience
- Lead on local projects, to include promoting apprenticeships, tackling loneliness and provision of youth services
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent people skills
- Highly organised in order to prioritise and manage competing demands
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competent use of IT and the ability to adapt quickly to new software
- Knowledge of the constituency would be an advantage
- Clean driving Licence
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Closing Date: 30 March 2018
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, with the candidate starting as soon as possible.
Please email a CV (max 2 sides A4) and covering letter (1 side A4) to email@example.com setting out relevant experience and what you think you can bring to the role with the subject line “Constituency Office Manager Application”.