Towcester Town Council Looking For An Administrative Assistant
|Author: Elizabeth Cox||Published: 1st November 2018 14:56|
Towcester Town Council is inviting applications for its current vacancy for a part-time Administration Assistant
Towcester Town Council is inviting applications for its current vacancy for a part-time Administration Officer. The successful candidate must be organised and efficient and possess excellent communication skills, along with a sound knowledge of general office practices.
Administration Assistant - 18 hours per week
National Joint Council LC1, Point 19 (as at 1st April 2018)
£19,446 FTE / Pro-rata = £9,460.00
This position is for 18 hours per week, the times/days worked to be agreed by negotiation.
- To manage the diaries for the Town Hall, Towcester Youth & Community Centre and The Sawpits Centre. To issue booking forms and raise invoices to hirers and carry out the associated credit control.
- To issue instructions to the Town Hall / Community Centre / Sawpits Centre Caretaker
- To prepare invoices to Town Hall tenants and carry out the associated credit control
- To prepare invoices to Town Crier advertisers and carry out the associated credit control
- To prepare invoices to Town Council Allotment Holders and carry out the associated credit control.
- To issue receipts for all payments to the Town Council and be responsible for all banking.
- To assist with maintaining the Town Council’s website.
- To assist with preparation of the Towcester Town Crier newsletter.
- To perform secretarial duties relating to the Town Mayor, including management of the Town Mayor’s diary.
- To prepare tickets / posters relating to Town Mayor’s functions.
- To assist the Town Clerk and Assistant with organising Civic and Town Mayor’s events.
- Computer literate with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads for maximum effectiveness
- To provide timely and accurate work within prescribed timescales
- Positive and flexible approach to work
- Reliable and trustworthy with confidential information
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Community-focused and self-motivated
- Ability to use own initiative to effectively resolve issues as they arise
A level of education which demonstrates high literacy and numeracy skills.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to:-
Miss Elizabeth Cox, Town Clerk
Towcester Town Council
The Town Hall
86 Watling Street East
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday, 16th November 2018.
If you require any further information please telephone the Town Council Office on 01327 350995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.