Leek, sage and apple gratin
|Author: Riverford Organics||Published: 6th November 2018 05:54|
This simple, sweet and fragrant dish makes a good weeknight dinner with just a pile of couscous of bulgur. The sage and apple notes in it make it a great accompaniment to pork in all forms.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 3 leeks, cleaned, cut in half lengthways, then into 4-5cm pieces
• 1 large onion, finely sliced
• 1 large apple, peeled, cored & finely sliced
• 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
• 4 tbsp veg or chicken stock
• 50g Cheddar, grated
• 75g breadcrumbs
• Fresh parsley, chopped, to serve (optional)
• Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the leeks and onion and fry gently for 10 minutes. Add the apple and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped sage, stock and season. Transfer the mixture to a gratin or baking dish.
- Mix the cheese and breadcrumbs together and sprinkle over the leek mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the topping is golden. Sprinkle over some the parsley to serve.
Courtesy of http://www.riverford.co.uk/