Tagliatelle with French beans and pesto
|Author: Riverford Organics||Published: 10th September 2019 06:38|
This quick and surprising combination (pasta Genovese) works wonderfully – the potatoes soak up the pesto, the pasta gives substance and the beans verdancy. Try to make pesto rather using it out of a jar – it really brings this dish together. You could add courgettes and broccoli to the pasta too for a more substantial dinner.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
• Large bunch fresh basil
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 3 tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted in a dry frying pan
• 100–150ml olive oil
• 80g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
• 500g tagliatelle
• 300g waxy potatoes, thinly sliced
• 200g French beans, topped & tailed
• Salt & pepper
- Put the basil, garlic, pine nuts and a pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar and grind to a paste (or process them in a food processor).
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in enough olive oil to give the consistency you like. Add the Parmesan cheese and adjust the seasoning.
- Cook the tagliatelle in boiling salted water with the potatoes, adding the French beans for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Drain, return to the pan, season, and toss with pesto. You could add grated Parmesan and a little cream, if you like.
Courtesy of http://www.riverford.co.uk/