Wok-fried Brussels sprouts with ginger
|Author: Riverford Organics||Published: 3rd December 2019 06:05|
Sprouts are effectively mini cabbages, and can be shredded and stir-fried in the same way. Serve as part of your Christmas lunch, or on its own with rice.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
• 3 tbsp sunflower oil
• 2 shallots or 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 chilli, finely chopped
• 600g Brussels sprouts, finely shredded
• 4cm fresh ginger, cut into very fine strips
• 4cm crystallised stem ginger, cut into very fine strips
• Salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the shallots or onion, plus the garlic and chilli, and fry quickly for about 2 minutes, without browning.
- Add the shredded sprouts and the fresh and crystallised ginger.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons of water, cover and steam for 3 minutes. Season to taste and serve.
Courtesy of http://www.riverford.co.uk/