Welcome to YOUR Local Site for SM7 and CR5
- PizzaExpress chalks up a new restaurant at Coulsdon Published: 02-10-2015 17:47
- Sudoku Daily Challenge Published: 29-12-2014 13:24
- Our collection of the corniest jokes... Published: 29-12-2014 13:23
- Tips for motorists, householders and businesses during the snowy weather Published: 29-12-2014 13:21
- The ‘Weirwolf' Launches Disability Athletics Academy with Help of Walton Resident. Published: 07-05-2013 18:00
- CELEBRITY COOK OFF LIVE Published: 07-05-2013 16:00
- Ticks on the increase.... Published: 07-05-2013 15:38
- Take a look at these recipes for ice lollies - easy and fun to make with (or without) kids. Published: 07-05-2013 15:13
- Why Eat Seasonally? Published: 07-05-2013 15:08
- Ticks on the increase.... Comments: 1 Latest: 18-05-2010 14:03
- How to use multiple iPods with one computer Comments: 1 Latest: 03-03-2010 13:46
- Cinema Releases in November Comments: 1 Latest: 22-10-2009 15:37
- How much is that illegal doggy on the website? Comments: 1 Latest: 12-10-2009 14:50
- Homeopathic remedies offer "alternative" for seasonal bugs Comments: 2 Latest: 23-09-2009 11:01
- Homeopathy and Influenza: Real Research, Real Results Comments: 4 Latest: 20-07-2009 19:13
- Neighbourhood Watch Alert Comments: 1 Latest: 26-06-2009 13:47
- Internet Hoaxes Comments: 1 Latest: 16-06-2009 13:50
- Are you self-employed? Comments: 1 Latest: 21-10-2008 14:14
Your local guide to what's going on in the villages of Banstead, Cuddington & Woodmansterne, Chipstead, Hooley and Coulsdon
Useful links: Find the cheapest Petrol Prices in SM7 & CR5
Get the Latest Local News Straight to your Desktop - I can recommend the FeedDemon newsreader- it's easy to install, easy to use - and it's free! Then just use the orange RSS button in the menu bar above to copy the link!
Keep up to date with the latest features - sign up for our regular e-newsletter
To contact me, Sam Stevenson, call 07904 953486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to your feedback!
This website is run for the community by the community - we are local residents of SM7 who are in favour of supporting local businesses, promoting our villages as well as encouraging all things community-based. Here's just a snapshot of what we offer...
The NEWS section - provides regularly updated local news information, events in the area, reviews and features.
The COMMUNITY pages - includes local charities, clubs, organisations, useful numbers, local education information and news etc...we list all events for charities, clubs, schools, organisations, associations etc for free.
LIFE & LEISURE- provides useful snippets of information from the people who live here. From gardening tips to delicious recipes for food in season and hints on how to be more environmentally friendly, you'll find it here...
JUST FOR KIDS - is for our younger residents, and has ideas for things to make, do and see. Why not send us a drawing or painting to share on the site?
MORE FROM SM7 & CR5 - covers all the other things that might interest you - from a Daily Su Doku game to articles on petcare...
The CLASSIFIEDS section - is your chance to turn your unwanted items into cash, or find something that can be picked up locally. Anything you list with a value of £1,000 or less is FREE to post. This is also the place to post your notices or messages.
Need a window cleaner in a hurry? Of course you want someone local - you'll find them in...
THE BUSINESS ZONE - details listings and information local businesses. So whether you're looking for a reputable Hairdresser through to a Life Coach - it's there for you to find. For quick access to each of the business categories scroll down to the bottom of this page - and don't forget to mention you found them on AboutMyArea when you contact them - they need to know their message to you is being well received.
Want to advertise? From local shop owners to home office workers or tradesmen - we'll tailor-make a package to suit both your costs and your needs.
If you'd like to see it here, just let us know! We are also looking for contributors, so if you have a little spare time on your hands, then please get in touch!