Risby Indoor Farmers Market, Suffolk - 7th May 2016
|Author: Suffolk Farmer's Market||Published: 7th May 2016 07:41|
Risby Indoor Farmers Market
Risby Indoor Farmers Market - Saturday 7th May 2016
Risby Indoor Farmers Market, Suffolk, is an independently-run indoor farmers market, which takes place on the first Saturday of each month, at Risby Village Hall, 10am – 1pm.
We held our first market in November 2011, and have gone from strength to strength ever since.
Since founding Risby Farmer’s Market, we have gone on to set up Suffolk Farmer’s Markets, who organise several regular monthly farmers markets in Suffolk, plus one-off events.
We aim to offer a wide variety of locally-produced food and drink, and a wide range of unique crafts, hand-made items and cookware.
There is also an on-site cafe offering hot and cold drinks, cakes, sausage, egg and bacon baps etc.
Entry is free, and the venue itself is a large well-maintained hall with plenty of car parking space. – you can see the website for the village hall HERE
Risby is a small village just outside the thriving market town of Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk, East Anglia.
You can see the list of confirmed stalls for each of our markets on the page menu as they are approaching.
We can be found just off junction 41 on the A14 near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. Postcode is IP28 6RT
We will keep you updated of confirmed stalls and products, please come along and
help support your local economy!
The market takes place between 10am and 1pm, and features a good selection of local produce and unique hand-made crafts and gifts.
Regular stallholders at Risby farmers market are:
- Totham Bangers – hand-made gourmet sausages
- The Culford Flock – locally reared, grass fed lamb, mutton and beef
- Coldham Wood Mushrooms – locally farmers fresh mushrooms, picked on the morning of the market
- La Sabrosa – huge range of English and Continental cheeses, plus olives and hand-made pork pies
- Seasonal fruit and vegetables, the majority of veg grown in east anglia
- The Friendly Loaf – artisan bread and pastries
- Samthingnice – hand-made chutneys and preserves, plus bunting from Buntingmad
- Suffolk apple juice made by Maynards House Orchards, and “posh pop” from Breckland Orchard
- Free range Suffolk chicken and duck eggs, plus other eggs when in season
- Hand-turned wooden items and home-made apple crumbles, sausage rolls, pastries etc
- Hand-made scones and cookies
- A small range of crafts and gifts, including cards, jewellery, gifts, books
For further details go to www.suffolkfarmersmarkets.org.uk