How to Play Cat's Cradle
|Published: 11th March 2008 21:31|
- Cut a length of string, about 58 inches works well, but it can vary.
- Tie the ends of the string together, as close as you can to the ends.
- Wrap the string on your wrist. To do this, place the so that it is just dangling off of your wrist. Loop the string once around your wrist.
- Do the same on your other wrist.
- Using your middle or index finger of your left hand, pick up the string on your right hand.
- Repeat the previous step on your right hand. There is the Cats Cradle!
- To play Cats Cradle, have a partner pinch the two X's, one in each hand, and down and around the string on your pinkies and thumbs, transferring to their hands.
- Now you do the same.
- The third step is a bit trickier. Loop your pinkies around the opposite string, and transfer the rest to your index fingers and thumbs.
- You can go on and on till you mess up, or get bored! It's never ending!