Rugby Council Urge the Public To Report Abandoned Vehicles
|Author: Brian McGaughey||Published: 18th April 2011 18:08|
( Abandoned Vehicles )
An abandoned vehicle is one that has been discarded by its owner. To be classified as abandoned a vehicle is generally:
- Significantly damaged, run down or un-roadworthy
- Vandalised, e.g. broken windows, flat tyres, lacking number plates, contains waste
- Burnt out
- Badly parked or left in a isolated, unusual, or dangerous position
- Stationary for a significant amount of time
What should I do if a vehicle has been abandoned?
In the first instance you should contact your district or borough council to report an abandoned vehicle.
- North Warwickshire Borough Council
- Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council
- Rugby Borough Council
- Stratford District Council
- Warwick District Council
What do I need to do to get my vehicle back?
If you think your vehicle has been removed as an abandoned vehicle you need to contact Waste Management for further advise.
Please note that there are statutory fees for the removal and disposal of abandoned vehicles these are as follows:
- Removal - £150.00
- Storage - £20.00 per day for a maximum of 28 days
- Disposal - £75.00