Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe From Bay Tree Cottage
|Author: Jenny Dicks||Published: 31st October 2012 09:02|
Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake.
If you have been busy making lanterns for Halloween, this rich indulgent cheesecake is the perfect way to use up all the pumpkin flesh.
A no-bake cheesecake that requires no gelatine, so not only is it easy to make it is ideal for vegetarians too! Plus it can be made ahead and frozen.
- 7oz dark chocolate
- 1 ¾ oz / 50g caster sugar
- 6oz / 175g full-fat cream cheese
- 6oz / 175g pure pumpkin puree
- Grated zest of one orange
- 75ml sour cream
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 fl oz / 150 double cream
- 12oz ginger biscuits, crushed
- 5 oz butter, melted
- Line a 20cm round spring-form tin with cling film.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of hot water.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until completely smooth. Add the pumpkin, sour cream, mixed spice and salt to the cream cheese. Mix until smooth, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Add the melted chocolate and stir until fully incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl whip the cream to medium peaks and then fold into the chocolate mixture
- Spoon into the prepared tin and level the top. Transfer to the fridge for 1 hour or until just set.
- Mix the biscuits and butter together until combined. Carefully press on top of the cheesecake in an even layer. Return to the fridge for a min of 6 hours.
- To serve, fold the cheesecake upside-down onto a board or a plate and decorate with chocolate.
For a selection of other delicious (…and inventive!) Pumpkin recipes please have a look at our latest blog: Pumpkin Recipes from Bay Tree Cottage