Roasted Romanesco With Almonds And Pistachios
|Author: Riverford Organics||Published: 21st September 2021 07:08|
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Serves: 4 people
- 2 small or 1 very large romanesco 200g bulghur wheat finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon good olive oil 100g flaked almonds 100g shelled pistachios large bunch fresh parsley,
- leaves finely chopped
- large bunch mint, leaves finely chopped pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Put the bulghur in a heatproof bowl and pour over at least twice the volume of boiling water. Leave to stand.
- Cut the romanesco into roughly equal sized florets (not too large, or they will burn before they cook). Toss in just enough oil to coat and season.
- Roast at 190°C for 15 mins, turning once, until just starting to crisp at the edges.
- Put the almonds and then the pistachios in a dry frying pan (you’ll probably need to do this in batches). Dry fry, stirring now and then, until golden, then chop roughly.
- Check the bulghur is cooked, draining off any excess liquid. Toss in a bowl with the romanesco, nuts, herbs and lemon zest.
- Season and add lemon juice and olive oil to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and scatter with pomegranate seeds, if using.
Courtesy of Riverford Organics