Welcome to your Local News Site for LE17
People in the village of Scraptoft in the Harborough district are being asked for their views on plans to give residents more say over planning decisions.
- Rugby World Cup Leaves A Legacy In The Birthplace Of The Game Published: 29-03-2016 22:44
- Packed Programme Of Half Term Fun At Rugby Art Gallery Published: 09-02-2016 23:00
- Dynamic Rugby Estate Agents - Carter & King - Are Now Recruiting! Published: 21-01-2016 12:33
- Dallas Burston Polo Club Announce £122million Investment Which Will Create Hundreds Of New Jobs in Warwickshire Published: 01-12-2015 14:15
- Giant Rugby Ball Sculptures Go On Display In Rugby Town Centre Published: 05-10-2015 18:29
- Rugby First Launches New Town Centre Fashion And Lifestyle Show! Published: 08-09-2015 20:49
- Get Spiritual About Rugby During The World Cup Published: 03-09-2015 10:27
- Mayor meets Rugby's Olympic golden girl Published: 24-08-2015 23:50
- Van-tastic! New College Minibus Fleet Gets On The Road Published: 24-08-2015 23:29
- GCSE Results? Don’t Panic – We’re Here To Help! Published: 19-08-2015 10:48
- P4TKD Reigns Supreme At Tae Kwon Do World Champs 2015 In Italy Published: 04-08-2015 11:41
- Parents Are You Worried About Bullying? ... Visit The Anti-Bullying Road Show Comments: 1 Latest: 12-11-2013 11:48
- Batches of Insulin Pens and Cartridges Recalled Across Europe Comments: 1 Latest: 28-10-2013 14:52
- Jolly Jacks Playbus - Term Time Special Offer Comments: 1 Latest: 01-06-2013 06:34
Welcome to the fantastic new AMA (AboutMyArea) website, for Lutterworth and the surrounding villages. We aim to provide you with the latest local news, a 'What's On' guide to local events, and information and special offers from local businesses to cater for your every need!
Register here to receive our free newsletter by e-mail.
Located at the southern most tip of Leicestershire, Lutterworth is an attractive market town which has twice made its mark on world history.
In the Fourteenth Century John Wycliffe made his pioneering translation of the Bible whilst serving as Rector of Lutterworth, and more than five hundred years later, Sir Frank Whittle developed the jet engine at the Ladywood Works off Leicester Road.
Although situated in the very centre of Roman England, within walking distance of the intersection of the Fosse Way and Watling Street at High Cross, it seems likely that Lutterworth was first settled by the Anglo-Saxons. The name "Lutter's Vordig" means Luther's Farm and the original settlement was probably on or near the site of the present parish church.
Please use the grey menu on the top left of your screen to navigate around the site, and why not register (it's FREE) to receive our regular newsletter to find out what's happening locally!
You the reader can submit editorial articles on community and charity, news and events.
We in turn will provide a platform for local businesses to engage effectively with the local community, so please tell your friends, colleagues, relatives and business friends, that this is the new go to website for the local area, and somewhere to build the strength of the community!
Where you see this logo you'll be able to go to your AMAZing place or register if it's your first time!
AMAZing is the personal area of AMA that any type of user logs into to do the following
- create or organise articles
- messages and notifications
create or edit business listings
Find out more about...
Contact The Editor
Tel: 07769 904797 / Send E-Mail