Plumbers in & around BR5
Proplumb and Heating Services was established in 2001 by Mark Stevens and his partner to serve South East London and Kent.
Mark's first experience in plumbing began at school when he took a course in Building Studies where he chose to specialise in plumbing. His father and granddad were gas-fitters and therefore Mark's insight and experience in the industry has been first-hand from a very young age. On leaving school Mark undertook a five-year apprenticeship, a combination of study at Croydon College and work based experience to gain his City and Guilds Qualification in Plumbing. On graduation, Mark became self-employed and was sub-contracted to work on a number of large contracts including the Natural History Museum, Imperial College, Canary Wharf, Tower 42, Orpington Hospital, the Princess Royal University Hospital and the new Bromley Police Station (where he was Foreman), to name just a few.
In 2001 Mark wanted more flexibility in his work which would include being able to spend more time with his family as his daughter had just been born, so he set up his own company Proplumb & Heating Services.
Mark offers a professional, high quality and reliable service and regularly undertakes training to ensure that he maintains good working knowledge of all systems, new and old. He has been accredited or approved by a number of professional bodies including:
- Corgi registered and assessed with also being plumbing, electrical and energy efficient competent. This means that he has undergone training and has been certified by Corgi as a professional who has a full understanding of general plumbing, Part P Electrics and energy-efficient systems and products, which include high-efficiency boilers and the best types of control systems.
- IPHE Registered Plumber (Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineers)
- APHC Licenced Member (Association of Plumbing & Heating Contractors)
- LOGIC Registered and certified for Full Scope Solar Heating (Government approved)
- "Medway Fairtraders Scheme" Approved Member run by Medway Trading Standards
- Licenced credit broker by the Office of Fair Trading
- Trained and approved installer for Baxi Potterton products and certified in Energy Efficiency
- NIC Certification in Electrical Safety Associated with Gas Installations and Corgi Services Electrical Competence Scheme for Defined Scope Electrical Installation Work in Domestic Dwellings
- Roth and Baxi approved Solar installer
- Aqualisa Showers approved installer
- Honeywell approved for Control Installations and Energy Conservation for Domestic Systems
- ‘G3' Unvented Cylinders installer certified by Zurich
- Approved in Powerflushing and Water treatments by Fernox and Norstrom manufacturers
Proplumb & Heating Services offers a 6 year insurance backed warranty on workmanship, this means that in the event that the company ceases to trade, Corgi will then guarantee the workmanship for the rest of the period. Proplumb & Heating Services also carries full Public Liability Insurance so customers can be rest-assured that they are fully protected and will receive a safe, reliable and professional service.
*****Credit is available. Call 0800 298 2639 for more details****
Examples of work that Mark is skilled in include:
- All aspects of central heating system design and installation
- Boiler replacements, upgrades, breakdowns and servicing
- Complete bathroom installations
- Power-flushing heating systems
- NEW-Solar powered heating and hot water
- Appliance fitting including hobs, cookers, washing machines, dishwashers...
- Part ‘P' electrical work in association with any gas, plumbing or heating work
- Unvented and vented cylinder and water tank installations, replacements or repairs
Mark has received a lot of positive feedback from his customers. Some of the comments he has received include:
"Thank you for your time and your prompt services" (M Cowdroy, Chelsfield)
"Thanks a lot for the work that you did for us recently. The explanations and attention to detail were very much appreciated." (P Guiry, Orpington)
"Thank you for whatever you did to the boiler as now the radiators work beautifully." (Mrs Bevan, Bromley)
This last quote is taken from an elderly lady whose radiators were not working properly over Christmas and had called for a second opinion as another plumber had informed her she needed a new heating system. Mark discovered that this was down to a minor fault with her boiler and promptly resolved the problem - without charge.Contact: Give Proplumb & Heating Services a call on 0800 298 2639 or visit http://www.proplumb.org.uk/
- Indicates business has a Community Club code for you to use to receive discounts, etc.
Plumbers in BR5 - Plumbers in Petts Wood and Knoll - Plumbers in Orpington - Plumbers in Farnborough and Crofton