Welcome to AboutMyArea EN9 - the local interactive community website
- Marketing Opportunity for Local Waltham Abbey Clubs Published: 19-05-2013 21:50
- Give Blood - Monday 27th May 2013 Published: 19-05-2013 19:38
- Tudors & Stuarts New Exhibition at Epping Forest District Museum - 18th May to 31st August 2013 Published: 18-05-2013 17:27
- Waltham Abbey in Bloom & Horticultural Show 2013 Competitions Published: 17-05-2013 19:17
- Win a grand to transform your garden in MyBuilder national competition - Deadline for entries 29th May 2013 Published: 17-05-2013 13:42
- Friends of Town Mead Play Area unite "Help Us Get a New Park" Published: 15-05-2013 21:36
- The Umbrella Group for all! Published: 13-05-2013 16:16
- Good News! Published: 13-05-2013 15:59
- Epping Forest District Museum secures Heritage Lottery Fund grant to enhance visitor experience for everyone Published: 09-05-2013 19:10
- Essex Archers vs Essex Redbacks III Game Review - 29th April 2013 Published: 07-05-2013 23:19
- Waltham Abbey Car Show - Sun 26th May 2013 Published: 07-05-2013 23:19
- Waltham Abbey Food Festival - May 2013 Published: 03-05-2013 22:14
- The Great Waltham Abbey Bake Off - Sat 11th May 2013 Published: 02-05-2013 11:34
- Essex Archers vs Haverhill Blackjacks Game Review - 21st April 2013 Published: 30-04-2013 21:31
- Epping Golf Club 11th Annual Mighty Masters best yet - despite the snow! Published: 22-04-2013 17:16
- Gok Wan to support Marie Curie Essex Skinny Dip Published: 21-04-2013 11:51
- Winner of Swimming through the Reeds signed book competition announced Published: 19-04-2013 16:30
- Waltham Abbey Youth 2000 celebrates bonanza grant awards Published: 19-04-2013 10:17
- Cruse Bereavement Care awarded Essex Community Foundation grant Published: 18-04-2013 17:46
- Friends of Town Mead Play Area unite "Help Us Get a New Park" Comments: 1 Latest: 16-05-2013 20:12
- Gok Wan to support Marie Curie Essex Skinny Dip Comments: 1 Latest: 27-04-2013 02:58
- Larsen Bowls Club Open Day - Sat 14th April 2012 Comments: 3 Latest: 04-03-2013 18:08
- The Waltham Abbey Woodcraft Folk Comments: 2 Latest: 25-10-2012 12:34
- West End fine dining arrives in Waltham Abbey at Parsons Restaurant Comments: 4 Latest: 19-03-2012 15:13
- Rabbits Stolen - Appeal for Information Comments: 1 Latest: 02-02-2012 15:26
- Monte Carlo Historic Rally to stop in Waltham Abbey - 28th Jan 2011 (1.00am-7.00am) Comments: 5 Latest: 30-01-2011 19:02
- RNLI Reindeer Run in Lee Valley Park Comments: 1 Latest: 01-12-2010 12:58
- Upshire Primary School Ladies Night - Fri 12th November 2010 Comments: 2 Latest: 11-11-2010 22:57
- White Water Way Road Re-naming - Online Poll Comments: 3 Latest: 14-08-2010 10:05
- Have you registered to vote? Comments: 1 Latest: 05-02-2010 19:25
- Neale Cranwell Crowned Mr Universe Comments: 1 Latest: 24-11-2009 15:52
- AboutMyArea EN9 Website - One Year On... Comments: 1 Latest: 05-09-2009 00:15
- Are you a Business Owner? Comments: 1 Latest: 14-07-2009 08:22
- Breakfast for Business at the Farm Comments: 1 Latest: 26-03-2009 13:16
- The Energy Cafe - Winter Season Activities Comments: 2 Latest: 13-03-2009 10:06
- Maggie Radcliffe Comments: 1 Latest: 17-02-2009 21:18
- Gym Launch Party Success Comments: 1 Latest: 10-09-2008 11:01
- Voices Raised Over Who Will Benefit More Comments: 2 Latest: 02-08-2008 17:45
AboutMyArea EN9 community resource for local residents, businesses and visitors to Waltham Abbey, Upshire and Nazeing
We hope you find this website enjoyable and informative - first and foremost it is community website to inform local residents in the EN9 postcode region (Waltham Abbey, Upshire, Nazeing and the surrounding villages of Epping Forest District in Essex) about what is going on, to report on positive news, to support and forge links in the community as well as help promote our businesses and the wonderful attractions we have in our historic town. To make a difference!
Come visit our historic market town,which has both a heart and a soul, located on the Essex, Hertfordshire border with the River Lea, Lee Valley Park and Epping Forest close to the town and the Meridian Line runs through the heart of the town across Sun Street, the Abbey Gardens and Gunpowder Park! Local attractions include the Royal Gunpowder Mills, Epping Forest District Museum and the Lee Valley White Water Centre.
The more contributions from the community, the more interesting and informative the website will become - please join in and help it grow and expand. Keep the spirit of community alive in EN9!
Waltham Abbey Press & Media Information Pack
This brand new document was launched by Waltham Abbey Town Partnership at Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel on 17th January 2013, please feel free to take a look and spread the word about Waltham Abbey "the hidden gem at the heart of Epping Forest District".
Waltham Abbey Hidden England New Video
Waltham Abbey Town Partnership (independent committee working to enhance the economy of our town) has commissioned a new video to help promote Waltham Abbey to visitors and the media, but also for residents and businesses to be more aware of the local attractions, opportunities and potential - to be proud to live and/or work in Waltham Abbey:
Visit Epping Forest
For more information on Epping Forest District attractions and activities in Epping, Ongar, North Weald, Loughton and Waltham Abbey, you might like to visit the new Visit Epping Forest website:
Health & Lifestyle Sections
Our new Lifestyle Section is packed with articles and information on Green Issues, Money Matters, Motoring, Food & Drink, Home, Gardening, Pets Corner, People and IT Tips. We are currently looking for sponsorship for these new sections who will have a static position on the page relevant to their business. If you are interested please get in touch.
Please register to log on to the interactive AMAZing Place click on "Join Now" and complete your details, when you next log on your own icon will be displayed in the top right) and you can then join in as this site is as much yours as ours.
For every voice in the community that wants to be heard - we're listening!
Once you have logged on you will receive a monthly newsletter via email and you can contribute to the website in many ways - including writing an article or review, commenting or debating current local issues and sharing information ideas and information with other readers.
If there is anything we have missed that you would like to see included or if you would like to contribute to the website on a regular basis, please get in touch:
Kate & Jeff Towerzey - Site Editors
Tel: 01992 651066 Mobile: 07950 027959
Schools, Clubs & Charities
All charities, schools and clubs can promote their events, write and include articles for FREE. Just email us and we will upload the details on the website or you could become a Sub Editor.
If you do not have your own website, we could give your club their own section of the website to help increase your membership and communicate with current members.
We offer a FREE one line listing in our Business Directory which you can add yourself by clicking on "Submit my Business Listing" and offer very competitve low cost rates for advertising that can link directly to your website or we can produce a Smart Site internet page created specifically for you.
Link on the banner at the top of this Home Page to view our advertising rates. No print costs, no deadline dates, no hassle!
More and more people are searching for businesses on line - can you afford not to be included. Join our Business Directory TODAY.
Please add us to your Favourites, Tell a Friend & Come Back Soon
Check out the 5 day forecast for EN9 from: