Welcome to AboutMyArea EN9 - the local interactive community website
- Macmillan Coffee Mornings Waltham Abbey - 24th & 25th Sept 2015 Published: 19-09-2015 22:43
- Wedding Show at Waltham Abbey Marriott - Sun 20th Sept 2015 Published: 03-09-2015 21:53
- Waltham Abbey Open Gardens Event - Sunday 6th Sept 2015 Published: 03-09-2015 21:51
- Epping Forest MP Eleanor Laing to Chair Business Forum Event - 24th Sept 2015 Published: 25-08-2015 14:34
- Essex Air Ambulance Fundraising Motorcycle Run - 6th Sept 2015 Published: 25-08-2015 12:55
- Fayre Times Festival at Royal Gunpowder Mills - 19th & 20th Sept 2015 Published: 25-08-2015 12:55
- Go Yellow for National Air Ambulance Week - 21st to 27th Sept 2015 Published: 24-08-2015 14:10
- Waltham Holy Cross Day - Sunday 13th September 2015 Published: 24-08-2015 14:06
- Keep It Local Fete - Sat 19th Sept 2015 Published: 24-08-2015 00:30
- Copped Hall Open Day - Sunday 30th August 2015 Published: 23-08-2015 17:17
- Waltham Abbey Theatre Company present Spy Game - 24th to 26th Sept 2015 Published: 20-08-2015 18:57
- Dare Salon Director Sharon Dempsey to Brave the Shave - Fri 28th August 2015 Published: 20-08-2015 18:26
- Waltham Abbey Youth 2000 Teddy Bear Parachute Event - Thurs 20th August 2015 Published: 03-08-2015 21:57
- Investors in Young People Awards 2015 - Open for Nominations Published: 23-07-2015 15:33
- Employment Law - Flexible Working, a year on Published: 22-07-2015 14:10
- YES Partnership Fundraising Race Night Success Published: 22-07-2015 13:26
- M25 Business Centre, Waltham Abbey - Essex's Premier Offices Published: 17-07-2015 16:52
- Top UK Anglers visit Waltham Abbey's Independent Fishing Shop Published: 17-07-2015 14:53
- The Key Stages of Wealth Management Published: 13-07-2015 13:38
- Waltham Abbey Theatre Company present Spy Game - 24th to 26th Sept 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 25-09-2015 10:15
- Keep It Local Fete - Sat 19th Sept 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 19-09-2015 09:48
- ICF Canoe Slalom World Championships - 16th to 20th Sept 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 15-09-2015 11:45
- Essex Air Ambulance Fundraising Motorcycle Run - 6th Sept 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 03-09-2015 11:30
- Investors in Young People Awards 2015 - Open for Nominations Comments: 1 Latest: 27-08-2015 10:47
- YES Partnership Fundraising Race Night - Thursday 16th July 2015 Comments: 2 Latest: 22-07-2015 13:02
- Lee Valley 10k & 3k Family Fun Run - Sunday 12th July 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 10-07-2015 15:32
- Chilming Cinema Cowboy Camp - Sat 4th July 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 02-07-2015 23:02
- NHS Blood and Transplant appeal for new blood donors Comments: 1 Latest: 19-06-2015 20:33
- Neil Diamond Tribute Act at Waltham Abbey Marriott - 19th June 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 18-06-2015 21:29
- Youth Employment Strategy competing in Aviva Community Fund - Deadline fo votes 30th May 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 27-05-2015 18:58
- Busking for Cancer UK Music Festival, Harlow Town Football Club - Sun 24th May 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 21-05-2015 18:18
- Lantern Making Workshop & Meridian Lantern Procession - 25th April & 3rd May 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 24-04-2015 19:35
- Extreme Stunt Show Air Battle - Good Friday 3rd April 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 03-04-2015 14:06
- Waltham Abbey Marriott Family Fun Day - Sun 29th March 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 28-03-2015 20:36
- World Earth Hour 2015 - Saturday 28th March 2015 at 8.30pm Comments: 1 Latest: 28-03-2015 16:53
- Waltham Abbey Pancake Day Races - Shrove Tuesday 17th Feb 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 16-02-2015 23:22
- Waltham Abbey's Coochy Coo Nappy Cakes home business wins national competition top prize Comments: 1 Latest: 22-01-2015 10:14
- Blossom ASD Centre Christmas Party - Sat 13th Dec 2014 Comments: 1 Latest: 11-12-2014 20:56
AboutMyArea EN9 community resource for local residents, businesses and visitors to Waltham Abbey, Upshire and Nazeing
We hope you find this website enjoyable and informative - first and foremost it is community website to inform local residents in the EN9 postcode region (Waltham Abbey, Upshire, Nazeing and the surrounding villages of Epping Forest District in Essex) about what is going on, to report on positive news, to support and forge links in the community as well as help promote our local businesses and the wonderful attractions we have in our historic town. To make a difference!
Come visit our historic market town, which has both a heart and a soul, located on the Essex, Hertfordshire border with the River Lea, Lee Valley Park and Epping Forest close to the town and the Meridian Line runs through the heart of the town across Sun Street, the Abbey Gardens and Gunpowder Park! Local attractions include the Royal Gunpowder Mills, Epping Forest District Museum, Lee Valley Park Farms and the Lee Valley White Water Centre.
The more contributions from the community, the more interesting and informative the website will become - please join in and help it grow and expand. Keep the spirit of community alive in EN9!
If there is anything we have missed that you would like to see included or if you would like to contribute to the website on a regular basis, please get in touch:
Kate & Jeff Towerzey - Site Editors
Tel: 01992 651066 Mobile: 07950 027959
Waltham Abbey Press & Media Information Pack
This brand new document was launched by Waltham Abbey Town Partnership at Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel on 17th January 2013, please feel free to take a look and spread the word about Waltham Abbey "the hidden gem at the heart of Epping Forest District".
Visit Epping Forest
For more information on Epping Forest District attractions and activities in Epping, Ongar, North Weald, Loughton and Waltham Abbey, you might like to visit the new Visit Epping Forest website:
Health & Lifestyle Sections
Our new Lifestyle Section is packed with articles and information on Green Issues, Money Matters, Motoring, Food & Drink, Home, Gardening, Pets Corner, People and IT Tips. We are currently looking for sponsorship for these new sections who will have a static position on the page relevant to their business. If you are interested please get in touch.
Please register to log on to the interactive AMAZing Place click on "Join Now" and complete your details, when you next log on your own icon will be displayed in the top right) and you can then join in as this site is as much yours as ours.
For every voice in the community that wants to be heard - we're listening!
Once you have logged on you will receive a monthly newsletter via email and you can contribute to the website in many ways - including writing an article or review, commenting or debating current local issues and sharing information ideas and information with other readers.
Schools, Clubs & Charities
All charities, schools and clubs can promote their events, write and include articles for FREE. Just email us and we will upload the details on the website or you could become a Sub Editor.
If you do not have your own website, we could give your club their own section of the website to help increase your membership and communicate with current members.
We offer a FREE standard listing in our Business Directory which you can add yourself by clicking on "Submit my Business Listing" and offer very competitve low cost rates for advertising that can link directly to your website or we can produce an enhanced business listing created specifically for you that will be displayed when a visitor clicks on your advert.
Link on the banner at the top of this Home Page to view our advertising rates. No print costs, no deadline dates, no hassle!
More and more people are searching for businesses on line - can you afford not to be included. Join our Business Directory TODAY.
Please add us to your Favourites, Tell a Friend & Come Back Soon
Check out the 5 day forecast for EN9 from: