Welcome to AboutMyArea EN9 - the local interactive community website
- Waltham Abbey Town Show - 27th & 28th June 2015 Published: 26-06-2015 10:53
- Chilming Cinema Cowboy Camp - Sat 4th July 2015 Published: 23-06-2015 17:41
- Waltham Abbey Army Cadets Open Evening - Tues 16th June 2015 Published: 14-06-2015 23:56
- Waltham Abbey Summer Fetes & Fairs Published: 09-06-2015 17:14
- NHS Blood and Transplant appeal for new blood donors Published: 08-06-2015 15:41
- Feed the Ducks - but please, not with bread Published: 08-06-2015 13:38
- Green paper counterpart driving licence scrapped by DVLA Published: 08-06-2015 13:23
- NSPCC appeals for people in Essex to volunteer their voices! Published: 05-06-2015 10:03
- Education Officer Job Vacancy at Royal Gunpowder Mills Published: 05-06-2015 09:49
- Tsu Mo Kie Junior Judo Competition - Sun 14th June 2015 Published: 04-06-2015 16:45
- Duke's Charity Polo Event - Sat 11th July 2015 Published: 04-06-2015 16:16
- Waltham Abbey Open Gardens Event - Sun 7th June 2015 Published: 04-06-2015 10:42
- Ben Green delighted with Thruxton Ginetta Junior Racing weekend Published: 28-05-2015 09:56
- Waltham Abbey Historical Society appeal for drone helicopter for the Human Chain Event on Sat 27th June Published: 27-05-2015 18:42
- Copped Hall - Open Day 24th May 2015 Published: 21-05-2015 19:20
- Waltham Abbey in Bloom Competition & Horticultural Show 2015 Published: 21-05-2015 19:00
- Harriet Jackson from Waltham Abbey's Narrowboat Cafe one of the favourites to win Big Brother Published: 20-05-2015 19:27
- Spy Kids May Half Term Week & Wild West Weekend at Royal Gunpowder Mills Published: 20-05-2015 14:31
- Learn to Crochet & Next Steps Crochet Courses at Missenden Abbey - August 2015 Published: 19-05-2015 22:07
- Chilming Cinema Cowboy Camp - Sat 4th July 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 02-07-2015 23:02
- NHS Blood and Transplant appeal for new blood donors Comments: 1 Latest: 19-06-2015 20:33
- Neil Diamond Tribute Act at Waltham Abbey Marriott - 19th June 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 18-06-2015 21:29
- Youth Employment Strategy competing in Aviva Community Fund - Deadline fo votes 30th May 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 27-05-2015 18:58
- Busking for Cancer UK Music Festival, Harlow Town Football Club - Sun 24th May 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 21-05-2015 18:18
- Lantern Making Workshop & Meridian Lantern Procession - 25th April & 3rd May 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 24-04-2015 19:35
- Extreme Stunt Show Air Battle - Good Friday 3rd April 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 03-04-2015 14:06
- Waltham Abbey Marriott Family Fun Day - Sun 29th March 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 28-03-2015 20:36
- World Earth Hour 2015 - Saturday 28th March 2015 at 8.30pm Comments: 1 Latest: 28-03-2015 16:53
- Waltham Abbey Pancake Day Races - Shrove Tuesday 17th Feb 2015 Comments: 1 Latest: 16-02-2015 23:22
- Waltham Abbey's Coochy Coo Nappy Cakes home business wins national competition top prize Comments: 1 Latest: 22-01-2015 10:14
- Blossom ASD Centre Christmas Party - Sat 13th Dec 2014 Comments: 1 Latest: 11-12-2014 20:56
- DNA Studios "Snow White & the Seven Minions" Panto - 6th & 7th Dec 2014 Comments: 2 Latest: 06-12-2014 12:00
- Freddie the Fundraiser - Crisis at Christmas Charity Appeal Comments: 1 Latest: 05-12-2014 12:34
- The Rare Cow has come to town Comments: 1 Latest: 11-10-2014 10:50
- Royal Gunpowder Mills shortlisted in Telegraph Family Friendly Museum Awards Comments: 1 Latest: 03-10-2014 10:52
- Dream of Blossom ASD Centre in Waltham Abbey moves closer to becoming a reality Comments: 1 Latest: 25-09-2014 14:21
- 16 year old shaving her head in aid of Kidney Research UK Comments: 1 Latest: 16-09-2014 10:05
- Family Fun Day for Teresa Carr - Sunday 24th August 2014 Comments: 1 Latest: 25-08-2014 19:59
AboutMyArea EN9 community resource for local residents, businesses and visitors to Waltham Abbey, Upshire and Nazeing
We hope you find this website enjoyable and informative - first and foremost it is community website to inform local residents in the EN9 postcode region (Waltham Abbey, Upshire, Nazeing and the surrounding villages of Epping Forest District in Essex) about what is going on, to report on positive news, to support and forge links in the community as well as help promote our local businesses and the wonderful attractions we have in our historic town. To make a difference!
Come visit our historic market town, which has both a heart and a soul, located on the Essex, Hertfordshire border with the River Lea, Lee Valley Park and Epping Forest close to the town and the Meridian Line runs through the heart of the town across Sun Street, the Abbey Gardens and Gunpowder Park! Local attractions include the Royal Gunpowder Mills, Epping Forest District Museum, Lee Valley Park Farms and the Lee Valley White Water Centre.
The more contributions from the community, the more interesting and informative the website will become - please join in and help it grow and expand. Keep the spirit of community alive in EN9!
If there is anything we have missed that you would like to see included or if you would like to contribute to the website on a regular basis, please get in touch:
Kate & Jeff Towerzey - Site Editors
Tel: 01992 651066 Mobile: 07950 027959
Waltham Abbey Press & Media Information Pack
This brand new document was launched by Waltham Abbey Town Partnership at Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel on 17th January 2013, please feel free to take a look and spread the word about Waltham Abbey "the hidden gem at the heart of Epping Forest District".
Visit Epping Forest
For more information on Epping Forest District attractions and activities in Epping, Ongar, North Weald, Loughton and Waltham Abbey, you might like to visit the new Visit Epping Forest website:
Health & Lifestyle Sections
Our new Lifestyle Section is packed with articles and information on Green Issues, Money Matters, Motoring, Food & Drink, Home, Gardening, Pets Corner, People and IT Tips. We are currently looking for sponsorship for these new sections who will have a static position on the page relevant to their business. If you are interested please get in touch.
Please register to log on to the interactive AMAZing Place click on "Join Now" and complete your details, when you next log on your own icon will be displayed in the top right) and you can then join in as this site is as much yours as ours.
For every voice in the community that wants to be heard - we're listening!
Once you have logged on you will receive a monthly newsletter via email and you can contribute to the website in many ways - including writing an article or review, commenting or debating current local issues and sharing information ideas and information with other readers.
Schools, Clubs & Charities
All charities, schools and clubs can promote their events, write and include articles for FREE. Just email us and we will upload the details on the website or you could become a Sub Editor.
If you do not have your own website, we could give your club their own section of the website to help increase your membership and communicate with current members.
We offer a FREE standard listing in our Business Directory which you can add yourself by clicking on "Submit my Business Listing" and offer very competitve low cost rates for advertising that can link directly to your website or we can produce an enhanced business listing created specifically for you that will be displayed when a visitor clicks on your advert.
Link on the banner at the top of this Home Page to view our advertising rates. No print costs, no deadline dates, no hassle!
More and more people are searching for businesses on line - can you afford not to be included. Join our Business Directory TODAY.
Please add us to your Favourites, Tell a Friend & Come Back Soon
Check out the 5 day forecast for EN9 from: