Portsmouth Hypnotherapist Offers Advice on Services
|Published: 12th August 2011 09:29|
As a local Clinical hypnotherapist studying for a Clinical Hypnotherapy Degree, Mary Burgess, is urging people who are thinking of using the service to look for suitably qualified therapists.
Mary, who runs Mindworks Hypnotherapy Clinic has just completed her Diploma of Higher Education in Clinical Hypnotherapy. She is about to embark on her final year before she is awarded a degree, the first one of its kind in the UK being offered at St Mary's University Twickenham in conjunction with the BST Foundation whose Director, Gavin Emerson, has changed the face of Hypnosis in the UK by providing this degree programme.
Hypnosis can be useful in helping people make positive changes in their lives and Mary advises to look for the following:
- Recognised qualifications such as University or College certificates or diplomas.
- Make sure the therapist has done an onsite course and not an online course as to be successful as a Hypnotherapist you need to have done live practical work.
- To be a competent Hypnotherapist, courses need to be studied over a period of time and not a few days.
- A hypnotherapist needs to know a lot more than just Hypnosis. For example, my University course covers Psychotherapy, Counselling and codes of ethics and how to run a succesful practise as well as the Scientific basis and statistical info.
- Hypnotherapists need to be open about what they do and the charges they make.
- A recognised therapist will have public liability insurance and they should make it available to see upon request.
The following governing bodies check people's qualifications before allowing them to register with them:
- National Council for Hypnotherapist
- The Hypnotherapy Directory
- General Hypnotherapy Standards Council
- The Hypnotherapy Association
Mary is a member of the British Strategic Clinical Hypnotherapists MSBST provided by the BST Foundation who run the BSC Hons degree programme in conjunction with St Mary's University Twickenham, The Hypnotherapy Directory and The Hypnotherapy Association.
She recently changed her practice name from Mind Over Matters. Mary said, "I changed my name back to Mindworks Hypnotherapy clinic after finding that several less qualified Hypnotherapists were using the same name with slight variations to it and had very similar website address. Mindworks Hypnotherapy was the name I used from 1999 so I decided to revert back to it as I felt it was also more professional and suited my business better as I embark on the next stage of my career within Hypnosis."
Mary plans to run Weight Loss seminars across the UK from the latter part of 2012 to raise awareness of how Hypnosis has proven results in helping people to change their eating habits and lose weight. She is currently studying Diet & Nutrition & will soon have her CPD Certified diploma.
For more information about Mary's services, go to www.mindworkshypnotherapyclinic.co.uk or telephone 023 92 798860 Mobile 077961 79792
For more information about Mary's services, go to http://www.mindworkshypnotherapyclinic.co.uk/ or telephone 023 92 798860.